THE HARROW (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) (AMENDMENT NO.10) TRAFFIC ORDER 2021Notice ID: WAT2194065
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW THE HARROW (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) (AMENDMENT NO.10) TRAFFIC ORDER 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow on 6 September 2021 made the above mentioned Order under Sections 6, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Order would be to amend the Harrow
(Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) Traffic Order 2017 so as to:-
(a) designate parking places in certain lengths of the streets specified in Schedule 1 to this notice in which vehicles authorised by the Order may be left for any period without charge;
(b) provide that the parking places would operate "at any time'';
(c) specify, in respect of the parking places, that disabled persons' vehicles displaying in the relevant position a disabled person's badge (commonly referred "the Blue Badge") issued by any local authority under the provisions of the Disabled Persons (Badges for Motor Vehicles) (England) Regulations 2000 may be left therein;
(d) provide that certain vehicles may wait in the parking places in certain circumstances, e.g. to allow persons to board or alight, to load or unload, etc;
(e) to revoke the existing disabled person's parking spaces in the roads listed in Schedule 2 to this notice.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person duly authorised by the council or in certain circumstances, including when:-
(a) the vehicle is used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or, not being a passenger vehicle, is being used in the service of a local authority in pursuance of statutory powers or duties provided that in all the circumstances it is reasonably necessary in the exercise of such powers or the performance of such duties for the vehicle to wait in the parking place in which it is waiting; or
(b) the vehicle is waiting while postal packets addressed to premises adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting are being unloaded from the vehicle or, having been unloaded therefrom, are being delivered, or while postal packets are being collected for loading on the vehicle from premises or posting boxes adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting or, having been so collected, are being loaded thereon.
4. A copy of the Order which will come into operation on 20 September 2021, of maps of the relevant areas and of the above-mentioned Order of 2017 can be inspected online at
or at Greenhill Library, Perceval Square, College Road, Harrow, HA1 1GX between the hours of 10am and 6pm Monday to Saturday.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to any of the Orders may, within 6 weeks of the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
9 September 2021
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow HA1 2XA
Antoneys Close, the north side, outside No. 42 Antoneys Close with a length of 5.50 metres. Bedford Road, the east side, outside No. 55 Bedford Road, with a length of 5.50 metres. Butler Road, the south side, outside Nos. 37/37A Butler Road, with a length of 5.50 metres. Harley Road, the south-east side, between a point 10.00 metres north-east of the extended north-eastern kerb-line of Harrow View and a point 5.50 metres north of that point. Honeypot Lane, the west side, outside No. 553/555 Honeypot Lane, with a length of 5.50 metres. Portland Crescent, the north-west side, outside No. 142 Portland Crescent, with a length of 5.50 metres. Rosebery Avenue, the north-east side, outside Nos. 8 and 10 Rosebery Avenue, with a length of 5.50 metres. Spencer Road, the west side, outside Nos. 51 /51A Spencer Road, with a length of 5.50 metres. Sussex Road, the north side, outside Nos. 82 and 84 Sussex Road with a length of 6.00 metres.
Aberdeen Road, the west side, outside No. 42 Aberdeen Road with a length of 5.50 metres. Athelstone Road, the south-east side, outside No. 31 Athelstone Road, with a length of 5.50 metres. Sussex Road, the north side, outside No. 114 Sussex Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.