SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - THE AVENUE AND UXBRIDGE ROAD, HATCH ENDNotice ID: WAT2194036
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - THE AVENUE AND UXBRIDGE ROAD, HATCH END
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (The Avenue, Hatch End) Temporary Traffic Order 2021, and would be operational between 21:00hrs and 23:30hrs on 28th September 2021 and would remain in effect until 29th October 2021 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 28th September 2021.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from exiting The Avenue, Hatch End at its junction with Uxbridge Road, Hatch End.
3. Vehicles would be prohibited from travelling in a eastbound direction on Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, between its junctions with The Avenue, Hatch End and Milne Field.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with utility works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route;
i. The Avenue, via Cedar Drive, Rowlands Avenue and Uxbridge Road, Hatch End;
ii. Uxbridge Road, via St Thomas Drive, George V Avenue, Pinner Road, Station Road, North Harrow, Parkside Way, Headstone Gardens, Harrow View and Courtenay Avenue.
Dated 9th September 2021
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA