TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES WARREN LANE AND DENNIS LANENotice ID: WAT0199939
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES -WARREN LANE AND DENNIS LANE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate mains renewals.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Warren Lane and Dennis Lane) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and would be operational from 08:00am on 26th June 2017 and would remain in effect until 31st August 2017 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 31st July 2017.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from entering or exiting;
i) Warren Lane, at its junction with Wood Lane;
ii) Dennis Lane, the eastern fork at its junction with Wood Lane.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the mains renewals;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
4. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion routes - via The Common and vice versa.
Dated 8th June 2017
Ian Slaney, Service Manager - Parking & Network Management, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA