SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - MAGPIE HALL ROAD AND HEATHBOURNE ROADNotice ID: WAT0286564
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - MAGPIE HALL ROAD AND HEATHBOURNE ROAD
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow new electricity connection to take place.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Magpie Hall Road and Heathbourne Road) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and shall be operational from OO.OOhrs on 18th September 2017 and would remain in effect until 30th January 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from entering;
Magpie Hall Road - the southbound carriageway at its junction with Heathbourne Road;
Heathbourne Road - the northbound carriageway at its junction with The Common.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the new electricity works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
4. The provisions of the order would not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion routes - Magpie Hall Road via Heathbourne Road and The Common, Heathbourne Road via The Common and Magpie Hall Road.
Dated 31st August 2017
Ian Slaney, Head of Parking and Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA