TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - GRANGE AVENUENotice ID: WAT0445374
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - GRANGE AVENUE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate traffic improvements.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Grange Avenue) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and shall be operational from 08:00hrs on 22nd January 2018 and shall remain in effect until 31st March 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 26th January 2018.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting Grange Avenue, between its junctions with Kenton Lane and Uppingham Avenue.
3. Vehicles shall be prohibited from waiting or loading on Grange Avenue, between a point opposite the south-western extended kerb-line of Uppingham Avenue and a point 40.00 metres south-west of that point.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 or 3 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with traffic improvements;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion routes via Kenton Lane, Clifton Avenue and Uppingham Avenue and vice versa.
Dated 18th January 2018 Ian Slaney Head of Parking & Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA