THE HARROW (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSON'S)(AMENDMENT NO.*) TRAFFIC ORDER 2018Notice ID: WAT0604195
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW
THE HARROW (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSON'S)(AMENDMENT NO.*) TRAFFIC ORDER 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow propose to make the above mentioned order under Sections 6,124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the order would be to amend the Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) Traffic Order 2017 so as to:-
(a) introduce free parking places for disabled persons lawfully displaying disabled person's badges in the length of street specified in schedule 1 to this notice (these spaces to operate at any time);
(b) to remove the existing disabled person's parking spaces in the roads listed in schedule 2 to this notice.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 (a) above would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person duly authorised by the council or in certain circumstances, including when:-
(a) the vehicle is used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or, not being a passenger vehicle, is being used in the service of a local authority in pursuance of statutory powers or duties provided that in all the circumstances it is reasonably necessary in the exercise of such powers or the performance of such duties for the vehicle to wait in the parking place in which it is waiting; or
(b) the vehicle is waiting while postal packets addressed to premises adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting are being unloaded from the vehicle or, having been unloaded therefrom, are being delivered, or while postal packets are being collected for loading on the vehicle from premises or posting boxes adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting or, having been so collected, are being loaded thereon.
4. A copy of the proposed order, the notice of intention, plans showing the effect of the order, and of the council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the order can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive in the One Stop Shop at the address below, until 23rd May 2018, the expiration of a period of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published. Further information can be obtained by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 020 8424 1996.
5. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed order must be made in writing and sent to the Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management at the address given below quoting reference LM2018-03 by 5pm on 23rd May 2018. For an objection to be considered formally, it must be stated that you are objecting to the proposal and provide your name and full postal address.
3rd May 2018
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow HA1 2XA
SCHEDULE 1 - PROPOSED NEW DISABLED PERSON'S PARKING SPACES Binyon Crescent
the west side, opposite No. 36 Binyon Crescent with a length of 5.50 metres Byron Road
the west side, partially on the footway, outside Nos. 154 & 156 Byron Road, with a length of 6.30 metres. Ellement Close
the east side, outside No. 7 Ellement Close, with a length of 7.00 metres. Graham Road
the south side, outside No. 68 Graham Road, with a length of 5.50 metres. Havelock Road
the north-west side, outside No. 51 Havelock Road, with a length of 5.50 metres. Hawkins Close
the north side of the eastern arm, within the inset lay-by, with a length of 5.00 metres and a width of 3.20 metres. Hutton Lane
the west side, outside No. 21 Hutton Lane, with a length of 5.50 metres. Hutton Walk
the south side, outside Nos. 1 & 2 Hutton Walk, with a length of 8.30 metres. Stonegrove
the south-west side, outside Nos. 1-9 Regents Court, with a length of 6.00 metres. Stonegrove Gardens
the north side, outside Nos. 89 to 95 Stonegrove Gardens, with a length of 5.50 metres. Sunningdale Close
the north side, partially on the footway, outside No. 27 Sunningdale Close, with a length of 6.00 metres. The Meadow Way
The Meadow Way
the south-east side, outside No. 52 The Meadow Way, with a length of 5.50 metres. Vaughan Road
the south-east side, outside No. 77 Vaughan Road, with a length of 5.50 metres. SCHEDULE 2 - DISABLED PERSON'S PARKING SPACES PROPOSED TO BE REMOVED Artillery Place, Chicheley Road
SCHEDULE 2 - DISABLED PERSON'S PARKING SPACES PROPOSED
Artillery Place, Chicheley Road
the east side, outside No. 19 Artillery Place, with a length of 5.50 metres; Augustine Road
the north-east side, opposite No. 101 Augustine Road, with a length of 5.50 metres Devonshire Road, Harrow
Devonshire Road, Harrow
the west side, outside No. 25 Devonshire Road, with a length of 5.50 metres. Mllman Close
the south-western corner of the western arm, opposite Nos. 7 to 12 Millman Close, with a length of 5.00 metres and a width of 2.50 metres.
The Middle Way
extend the length of the existing bay from 5.50 metres to 6.60 metres.