The Queen has postponed planned virtual audiences for the second time this week in the wake of her Covid diagnosis, Buckingham Palace has said.

A spokesman said: "The two virtual audiences that had previously been scheduled to take place today will now be rescheduled for a later date.

"Her Majesty is continuing with light duties. No other engagements are scheduled for this week."

Earlier this week on Tuesday (February 22) the Queen also cancelled virtual engagements.

It comes after the 95-year-old monarch tested positive for the virus last Sunday (February 20) after experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms”.

Watford Observer: The Queen cancelled more virtual engagements today (PA)The Queen cancelled more virtual engagements today (PA)

Her Majesty fell ill after it was confirmed she had been in direct contact with her eldest son and heir, the Prince of Wales, the week he had the disease.

Concern across the nation will be at peak levels for the Queen given her advanced age and her health scare in recent months, and her popularity in a country where many have known no other monarch on the throne.

The Queen is the latest monarch from around the world to catch Covid following Queen Margrethe of Denmark, 82, and Spain’s King Felipe VI, 54, who both tested positive for the illness on February 9.