Sun Postal Sports were crowned champions of Division One of the Spartan South Midlands League on Saturday.

A 3-1 win at FC Broxbourne Borough on Thursday evening cemented promotion, before a 3-0 win over Baldock Town two days later secured the title.

This is Sun Postal's first piece of silverware since their 1995 Aubrey Cup win.

"It's been an incredible season," said manager Paul Hobbs. "The club was going nowhere and the committee, management and players have turned it around. I would have laughed had you said we would win the title at the start of the season and it was a new group of players but there are no superstars in the team, they all play for each other and we've built an amazing team spirit."

Following their heroics at the weekend, Sun were thumped 4-1 at home to Bedford on Tuesday.

After four games in seven days Sun were flat in the first half against Baldock on Saturday, but stepped through the gears in the second half to win thanks to goals from Danny Tompkins, Ashley Lewis and Craig Lynskey.

Thursday's victory over Broxbourne left Sun on the cusp of sealing the title, despite falling behind to a Lee Brennan goal.

Steve Noonan levelled for Sun before Craig Lynskey laid on goals for Tompkins and James Armstrong to confirm promotion to the Premier Division.

Kings Langley look well-placed to snatch second place from Bedford after two wins in a week.

On Tuesday evening Kings beat Amersham Town 4-0.

Amersham had set up to frustrate, but fell behind when Nick Jackson latched onto a Gary Connolly pass to score after 20 minutes.

Five minutes before the break Kings doubled their lead, Connolly picking out Paul Insley with a diagonal to thrash home.

Jackson got his second just before the break, lobbing over Ashley Smith from Callum Adebiyi's long ball.

Insley doubled up in the 68th minute, converting from close range from Jackson's low cross.

Saturday had seen Kings win 4-0 at Codicote, Mitchell Weiss scoring the first of two in the 41st minute.

A minute after the re-start Weiss added his second, before Alex Campana and Insley struck to secure a comfortable win.

Oxhey Jets were beaten 2-0 by Hadley on Tuesday.

There were nine changes to the side as Jets focussed on yesterday's (Thursday's) South Midlands Floodlit Cup semi-final tie with Stotfold.

Berkhamstead were beaten on penalties in the final of the Dudley Latham Memorial Cup on Wednesday.

After a 2-2 draw in normal time, Berko were beaten 5-4 on sport kicks.

Tring Athletic won 4-2 at Hillingdon Borough on Tuesday.

Chris Vardy scored twice, with Stewart King bagging a penalty and Martin Skinner getting the fourth.

On Saturday Tring drew 2-2 at Harefield United, Vardy and Reon Thomas the scorers.

Leverstock Green beat Hertford Town 2-1 in their penultimate league fixture on Saturday.

Dene Gardner and Liam Hind got Leverstock's goals.