Oxhey Jets were no match for an inspired Tring Athletic as they went down to a 5-1 defeat in the South Midlands Premier Division on Saturday.

Just two weeks prior to the meeting Jets had run out 1-0 winners against Tring in the Herts Senior Cup, but there would be no repeat.

Tring went ahead almost straight from the start as they won a second-minute penalty when Chris Vardy was brought down by Jets keeper Rob Partington. Sam Jolliffe did the rest from 12 yards.

However, Jets were back on terms inside 10 minutes when Nick Kerley beat Jack Hopwood to a through ball and finished smartly.

Parity remained until the break before Tring ran away with the game after the interval.

Elliott Goward’s well-taken free-kick found Luke Dustan in space and he headed in unchecked to once again put Tring ahead.

They gave themselves daylight in the 75th minute thanks to Vardy and were three to the good as Tommy Twelves turned in a rebound moments later.

Max Hercules completed the rout with two minutes to play as Jets crumbled late on.

The win sets Tring up nicely for their FA Vase round of 32 clash with local rivals Berkhamsted on Saturday.

Berko themselves go into the game in good form after recording a 3-2 win over Colney Heath in their last match.

The win means they are 13 games unbeaten this season and leaves them three points clear at the top of the table.

They were ahead after just six minutes when Ben Bateman, who had been recalled to the team, found the net.

Heath then levelled before Josh Chamberlain restored the lead, only for Berko to be pegged back again.

The game took a nasty turn late on when a Heath man saw red for an elbow.

The visitors, in truth, let their emotions get the better of them and a foul in the box allowed Adam Mead to seal the win from the spot.

Welwyn Garden City and Harpenden Town kept the pressure on Berko with wins in their games to remain second and third respectively.

After fulfilling their FA Vase duties, Berko play Royston Town on Tuesday and London Colney the following Saturday.

Leverstock Green will be dreaming of trophy success after advancing to the semi-finals of the St Mary’s Cup on Wednesday.

They booked their last-four berth at the expense of Bovingdon, easing to a 3-1 home win.

In many ways they owed their win to a flying start which saw Curtis Donaldson put them into a 12th-minute lead.

It was 2-0 before the half-hour mark when Reynaldo Carbon lashed in from a tight angle after a powerful run down the wing.

Cameron Brooks hit back for Bovingdon before soon after, but the result was put beyond doubt with six minutes to play when Matt Bateman struck.

The cup success saw Green build on their fifth straight league win on Saturday, which saw them beat Hoddesdon Town 2-0.

They were forced to work for the three points and the go-ahead goal arrived three minutes into the second half when Jonathan Lacey scored. Bateman again made sure of the win late on.