Despite the arctic conditions that swept across the area on Sunday morning, eight games survived the elements which undoubtedly played a major part in a remarkable set of scorelines as a total of 68 goals were scored, an average of eight-and-a-half per game.

Premier Division

Reed Rangers lost the chance to close the gap at the top on leaders Oakview as they fought out a 6-6 draw with Old Danes Athletic.

The game started in sleet and it soon saw Reed race into a two-goal lead, John Smith scoring a penalty after 11 minutes, swiftly followed by a second which was headed in by Karl Penny.

Tom Coles then pulled a goal back on the 20-minute mark, although the Reed keeper may have been unsettled by the conditions as the sleet turned into a heavy blizzard. But Reed were to restore their two-goal advantage just before the break through Andrew Brennan.

Old Danes pulled level at the start of the second half with two quick-fire goals through a header by Ed Shurville and a run and shot from Colin Spooner, only for the game to then swing again as Reed went back in front when Smith raced through to score.

With players on both sides making mistakes because of the conditions, Coles managed to complete his hat-trick with efforts from outside the box to put Old Danes ahead for the first time. But within minutes Reed were level thanks to a second goal of the game from Penny.

Old Danes made it 6-5 with eight minutes left as Joel Foskett scored a header, but the game had one final twist as Bradley Sweeney equalised with a penalty in the final minute to leave both sides with a point.

The other game in the division also finished with honours even as Rickmansworth Town and Old Fullerians fought out a 3-3 draw.

Sam Parker gave Fullers an early lead before Ben Adams equalised for the home side.

Parker then turned provider as Fullerians restored their advantage with a goal from James Rose.

However, Rickmansworth scored twice to take a 3-2 lead into the break thanks to goals from J. Mistrella and H. Devall.

But Parker scored his second of the contest in the second half to ensure the game ended in a draw.

Division One

Such were the size of the scorelines that Croxley and Cassiobury Rangers’ 2-2 draw was the lowest scoring game of the morning.

Cassiobury started the better and took the lead through good wing play from Callum Galvin, who put a ball in for Jack Henley to finish off.

Rangers created more chances, but failed to take them and were punished just before the break when a ball around the back line was met by Scot Adams.

Joe Mortimer restored the Cassiobury lead in the second half following a swift breakaway goal, but Croxley grabbed a point when Aaron Farrell equalised late on from the penalty spot.

Division Two

Tudor Athletic made it seven wins from seven league games with a 9-2 triumph over bottom-placed Oxhey Rangers.

Jack Robinson netted a hat-trick, Sam Clarke a brace and there were singles from Dave Herbert, James Hocking, Tom Herbert and Danny Regan. Charlie Fordham and Conor Murphy replied for Rangers.

FC Woodside are level on 21 points with leaders Tudor but they dropped two points after a 4-4 draw with fourth-placed AFC Green Machine.

Woodside went ahead mid-way through the first thanks to a penalty from Tom Dettmer, but their opponents equalised when Tom Read fired home a half-cleared corner.

The game really opened up after the break with Kwabena Oppong giving Green Machine the lead before Tom Dettmer equalised straight from the re-start.

Oppong then put Green Machine in front once again but it was Woodside’s turn to level when they took full advantage of a defensive error and Joe Dettmer netted.

The visitors then made it 4-3 when Michael Griffin scored following poor defending at a corner, but the game ended all-square when Oppong complete his second-half-hat-trick to ensure a draw.

Rickmansworth Athletic beat Ardent 4-2 with the conditions once again a major factor.

Athletic scored twice thanks to two own goals and one each for Shane Kitts and Graham Roberts.

Glen Rawlings and Charlie Salvage were on target for Ardent, who are in third place but seven points behind the top two.

Division Three

Second-placed Bushey Rangers closed the gap at the top of the table on The Tree after they put 11 unanswered goals past Inter.

Stephen King struck a hat-trick, Lewis Yates netted twice, while Gary Brindley, Jack Barr, Dan Gillespie, Charlie Barnett, Hayden Smith and Sean Burrows all weighed in with one apiece.

Hertfordshire Lions’ third league win of the season came as they beat bottom-of-the-table Hertsmere 6-4.

Tom Carroll scored twice for Lions in the opening ten minutes of the game before Andrew Ryder made it 3-0 soon after. But the scores were level at the break as Hertsmere replied through John James, Carl Davies and Daniel Francis to make it 3-3.

Sam Crafts made it 4-3 to Lions early in the second half, but with 15 minutes left Hertsmere levelled thanks to Toki Odugbesan.

Lions were to win the game though, thanks to two goals in the last 10 minutes through a Louis McNamara penalty after Dennis Fraser was brought down and a late goal from Luke Fletcher.