Oxhey Jets can make plans for a St Mary’s Cup semi-final after easing to a 3-1 win over Bushey Sports on Tuesday.

After an end-to-end start to the game, Jets took the lead with 23 minutes on the clock when Nick Kerley cut through the defence and laid on for Patru to finish.

The goal seemed to knock Bushey off their stride and Jets took full advantage when Chris Blunden scored with a powerful effort to make it 2-0 just before the break.

Jets put the game to bed with 62 minutes to play when a handball resulted in a penalty kick and straight red card for a Bushey defender.

Eli Seymour stepped up and made no mistake from the spot, before Bushey notched a strike which was little more than a consolation.

The performance in the cup was in stark contrast to that Jets had given in the South Midlands Premier Division on Saturday as they drew 0-0 with Tring Athletic.

In a game where the two teams matched each other across the park, Jets just shaded the chances, but neither side did enough to warrant taking all three points.

Tring will take a break form league commitments this weekend as they look to extend their impressive run in the FA Vase.

They are in the last 16 of the competition and come up against Melksman Town as they look to advance to the quarter-finals of the competition.

While Tring are undoubtedly the underdogs for the tie, they will take great pride from their run in the competition regardless of the result tomorrow.

Berkhamsted’s quest to retain the Herts Charity Shield came to an end on Wednesday as they lost 4-3 after extra-time in their semi-final meeting with Welwyn Garden City.

Ashley Morrissey made a bright start for the Comrades and was the first player to force a chance as he drove in from the wing and fired at goal.

It would be Morrissey who broke the deadlock midway through the first period when he crashed home after a sweeping move involving Adiel Mannion and Ashton Campbell.

Charlie Joy levelled the scores, converting from a rebound, but Berko took a lead into the interval thanks to Adam Mead’s 19th goal of the season.

The game continued to be an evenly contested one and City drew level once more thanks to new signing Nick Elliot’s deflected effort.

With no more goals in the 90 minutes, the game progressed to extra-time and Jon Clements gave City the lead for the first time in the game after a mazy run.

Campbell restored parity with a smartly taken effort soon after, but Clements would have the final say on proceedings as he headed in the winner.

The shield defeat came on the back of a comprehensive league victory which saw Berko ease to a 5-0 win and maintain their hold on top spot in the table.

Campbell once again played his part with a brace, while Ben Bateman (2) and Mannion were also on target for Berko.

There was double despair for Leverstock Green as they lost back-to-back league games against Harpenden Town and Leighton Town.

On Saturday, Green saw a 1-0 lead slip as they went down to a 2-1 defeat against Harps, with Matt Bateman getting the Green goal.

That loss was followed by a 3-1 defeat at the hands of in-form Leighton, with Bateman once again getting on the scoresheet.