A relegation six-pointer saw Oxhey Jets get the better of Crawley Green as a fine first-half display helped them to a 4-2 win.

Jets were keen to make a flying start against their fellow South Midlands Premier Division strugglers.

Debutant Curtis Donaldson took no time at all to make himself comfortable and scored a fine header to open the scoring after 11 minutes.

The early goal imbued Jets with confidence and they gave themselves breathing space 10 minutes later when Chris Blunden curled in a free-kick from 25 yards to make it 2-0.

Two soon became three when a double stop from the Green keeper went unrewarded thanks to Patru following up and firing high into the net.

Green reduced the arrears before the break with a fine curling effort, but Jets remained in control with a 3-1 lead at half-time.

The second half featured less goalmouth action until Johobi Maher calmly converted with just under 20 minutes to play to all but seal the points.

With time ticking away, Green managed to score a second, but it mattered little as Jets held out for a much-needed win.

A mid-week clash with London Colney saw Berkhamsted get their title bid back on track as they battled to a 1-0 win.

The game proved to be an evenly-contested affair, as both sides threatened but neither managed to dominate.

It took until the 65th minute for Berko to strike to crucial blow as substitute Ollie Cox proved to be the difference maker.

Cox made the vital impact with his first touch of the game as the ball broke to him and he lifted a well-placed chip over.

The win provided an ideal antidote to Saturday’s action which saw Berko slump to a disappointing 4-0 defeat at the hands of fellow high-flyers Welwyn Garden City.

They are now two points behind the league leaders, but have played three games more.

Tring Athletic’s FA Vase dream came to a halt on Saturday as they went down to a 2-1 defeat against Melksham Town.

Regardless of the result, Tring will be delighted with a run to the fifth round of a competition they upset the odds in on a number of occasions.

Their efforts to progress were hit with two big blows early on as Town scored twice in quick succession.

Luke Dunstan hit back before half-time, but couldn’t mount a comeback in the second period as their hopes came to an end in the last 16.

Leverstock Green provided late drama in their league clash with Stotfold to secure their first three points in five attempts with a 2-1 win.

They looked destined to leave the game empty-handed as the approached the fin al throes trailing 1-0 to Luke Burkett’s first-half effort.

However, Jonathan Lacey scored with a flicked finish two minutes from time to level and set up a grandstand finale.

The winner arrived deep into added-time when Scott Bonner pounced on a loose ball to convert and seal the most dramatic of comeback wins.

Green will look to build on the triumph when they take on Cockfosters tomorrow.