Ken Simmons Memorial Cup Quarter-Finals

The possibility of a Batchworth derby final remains a real possibility after both sides won through to the semi-finals.

Batchworth, who are at the foot of Division Four, came from 2-0 down at half-time to put out NW FC 3-2 after a thrilling comeback after the break.

It was all one-way traffic at the start of the first half, as NW had an effort cleared off the line, as well as striking the post.

This pressure paid off after 15 minutes when a poor defensive header from Laurence Barber-Hall fell into the path of Jordan Sterling, who made no mistake with the chance.

A second goal followed soon after when a lob from Daniel Moss took a deflection, giving keeper Luke Parry no chance.

The game looked over at the break but a change in tactics from Batchworth helped turn the contest on its head.

Kai Wiggins kick-started the fight back when he headed across goal for Myles Jordan to tap into an empty net.

Within two minutes, they levelled when Michael Bright’s inswinging corner was swept in by Jordan for his second goal in as many minutes.

A third goal followed when Wiggins raced onto Bright’s through ball and slotted underneath the onrushing keeper to complete the comeback.

Dillon Chamberlin, Wiggins and Jordan all had chances to extend Batchworth’s lead, but they had to withstand some heavy late pressure from the home side.

AFC Batchworth gained some measure of revenge for their defeat seven days earlier in the Junior Cup semi-final by beating Garston Athletic 2-1.

A tight game saw AFC break the deadlock just before the break when Shaun Wheeler fired his side into the lead.

That remained the score until seven minutes from the end when after a spell of Garston pressure, they looked to have taken the tie into extra-time when Antonio Baeta swept home the equaliser.

But that joy lasted only two minutes as the Garston defence backed off Korby Bryan, allowing him to score with a long-range effort into the bottom left-hand corner of the net for the winning goal.

AFC’s reward for this win is a home semi-final against fellow Fourth Division side Railway Arms after they knocked out Second Division strugglers Oxhey Rangers 3-1.

Jack Merrix, Joe Perrin and Conner Cooper-Collins scored for Railway, with Jamil Mizrra replying.

FC Unicorn are the highest ranked side left in the competition after the First Division outfit put out local rivals and in-form Third Division team Hertfordshire Lions thanks to a penalty in the first half from Luke Peerless.

Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Quarter-Final

Evergreen won the all-WSL affair with North Watford 2-0 to reach the semi-final where they will face Blacksmiths away for a place in the final.

After a goalless first half, it was Evergreen who upped the ante at the start of the second period.

That pressure paid off when a break down the right saw Ben Adams beat two players and square the ball for Tom Verbena to slam home from 10 yards.

A second goal soon followed and the roles were reversed when a cross-field ball from Aleks Jokiel released Verbena, who crossed for Adams to score from six yards.

Eric Hand Challenge Cup Quarter-Final

Reed Rangers are through to the last four after beating fellow Premier Division side Chorleywood Club but they had to do it the hard way, winning 5-4 in a penalty shoot-out following a 3-3 draw after extra-time.

Ewan Reeves gave Chorleywood the lead after 19 minutes, but Reed struck back with a first-half hat-trick from Karl Penny.

But the tie was not over and in the second half Reeves scored his second of the game six minutes after the restart, and then Nick Holden netted the equaliser 10 minutes from time.

The teams could not be separated in extra-time which saw Reed reduced to nine men after two players were sent off.

Despite this, they won the shoot-out 5-4 after Joe Molyinux slotted home the winning penalty.

Reed will now face Third Division The Tree for a place in the final.

Premier Division

The title race looks to be all but over after Oakview dispatched St Josephs 6-0 to leave themselves seven points clear with two games in hand as well.

Lewis Putman scored twice in the first half, before adding a hat-trick in the second period to take his tally for the season to 35. Jack Waldren scored the other goal.

Old Fullerians now lead the chasing pack after a 1-0 win over Old Danes Athletic, who remain in a close battle at the wrong end of the table.

A first-half penalty from Sam Parker was all that separated the teams.

Rifle Volunteer inflicted further misery on West Herts, who are now at great risk of being cut adrift at the foot of the table.

The game was over by the 35th minute as the visitors raced into a 4-0 lead.

Chris Killer started the scoring by lashing home inside the box for his long overdue first Rifle goal, before Dan Bourne and Nick Kerley both got on the score sheet after finding plenty of space in behind the Stags backline; Bourne slotting home after rounding the keeper while Kerley had a simple job of tapping home after some good work from Bourne on the right.

The fourth goal arrived ten minutes before the break when Andy Lomas played a neat ball in to find the on-rushing Killer, who slammed home for his second.

Rifle added three more goals after the break courtesy of Kerley, with two more to complete his hat-trick, and a second from Bourne. The West Herts goal came late on from Tiago Campos.

Division One

Cassiobury Rangers’ run of good form continued with a 4-1 home win over Langleybury CC.

Matt Honey gave Langleybury an early lead with a goal scored from close range, but Cassiobury equalised with a 25-yard drive by Max Leslie Smith.

Cassiobury took control after the break. Mark Ferguson put them in front with a crisp finish and then added his second from close range after good work from Joe Mortimer.

Having set that up, Mortimer netted a goal of his own to complete the scoring with a well-struck finish across the keeper.

Croxley won the ‘six-pointer’ at the bottom of the table as they beat RD 3-2 to leave the home side with a fight to try and stay in the second tier.

For a second week running RD lost a lead before falling to a late winner.

Daniel Green gave RD the early advantage, but Croxley levelled when Luke Dolan lobbed the keeper with a tidy finish. They then went ahead when Jack Wilson fired home from the edge of the area.

RD equalised through Joe Ellis after the break, but in the last minute Carl Pettitt crossed for Wilson to score his second of the game and the winner to ensure three points which could be vital come the end of the season.

Division Two

A first-half goal from Kyle Mann was enough to ensure Tudor Athletic made it nine wins out of nine against their nearest challengers FC Woodside, although both sides went on to miss penalties.

That defeat for Woodside means AFC Green Machine’s 5-1 win over Rickmansworth Athletic has cut their hold on second spot to just a single point, although Woodside do have a game in hand.

Josh Burtt struck a hat-trick with Danny Roberts and Darryl Robertson adding a goal each. Steve Quarrington scored the Rickmansworth reply.

Ripstone beat Woodlands United 3-1 through Tom Courtney, Matthew Sharkey and an own goal. Michael Hooker was on target for Woodlands.

Division Three

The top-of-the-table game between The Tree and Bushey Rangers ended in a 2-2 draw.

Andy Pryor and an own goal registered for the home side with Bushey replying through two-goal Chad Flahery.

The folding of P&P Social has allowed Bushey to take the lead at the top of the table on goal difference from their opponents.

Chris Stead and Ionut Pescher scored the goals as Inter beat Hertsmere 2-0, whilst AC Little Silhouette of Milan and Sun Regent Sports shared the points in a 1-1 draw. Calvin Monaghan netted for the home side and George Ford for Sun.

Division Four

Leaders South Oxhey convincingly won the ‘South Oxhey derby’, beating Oxhey Athletic 5-0.

Bradley Bridges led the way with a hat-trick and there was a goal each for Paul Cook and Daniel Massey.

Everett Rovers thrashed Sun Postal Sports 9-0 and are up to second place in the table, nine points behind South Oxhey but with a mammoth seven games in hand.

The highlight of the game was the double hat-trick from Tom Owen, who scored six times. Mark Hansard added a brace with Barry Mitchell getting the other.