Kings Langley edged to a thrilling 4-3 home win over St Neots Town in the Southern League Premier Division on Saturday.

With several players including Elliott Godfrey out, the hosts named a young team with members of the Under-18 squad promoted.

Callum Adebiyi switched to the defence and Kieran Turner was recalled from suspension.

Kings got off to the worst possible start after conceding a goal within four minutes.

Luke Knight surged forward and his powerful strike flew past home goalkeeper Martin Bennett.

The hosts responded strongly and were rewarded with an equaliser after 17 minutes.

Youngsters Aidan Collins and Louie Collier combined on the right wing and the delivery set up Mitchell Weiss for his neat finish.

Kings nearly added a quick second when Weiss set up Collier but his shot flew wide of the target.

But it did not take long for the home side to go in front when Turner’s cross was headed in by Weiss for his second goal of the game.

It got worse for the visitors when they conceded a third goal which was self inflicted.

A clearance by Bennett was headed into his own net by Liam McDevitt which handed Kings Langley a two-goal cushion.

Kings were not finished in the first half and made it 4-1 when Stevie Ward’s free-kick was flicked on by Adebiyi and defender Jorrell Johnson fired home to complete a superb turnaround.

It was arguably a flattering scoreline with the hosts ruthlessly punishing their opponents in the first half.

St Neots rallied after the break and put their opponents under pressure.

Bennett was forced into a save to deny the visitors but the keeper could not prevent the visitors from pulling a goal back.

Nabil Shariff reacted quickest to steer the ball in after a goalmouth scramble.

St Neots set up a tense finale when they added a third goal through Luke Knight’s low free-kick.

There were a few late scares but Kings Langley managed to hold out for an entertaining victory.

The side were back in action last night (Thursday) with a home game against Biggleswade Town.

Their busy schedule continues with a trip to Merthyr Town tomorrow afternoon.

Northwood ended their six-game losing run after holding East Division leaders Rushden & Diamonds to a 1-1 draw on Saturday.

The hosts took the lead, against the run of play, after 30 minutes when Evans Kouassi raced into the penalty area and rounded goalkeeper Ben Head to score.

Northwood held onto the lead into the second half after keeper Xavi Comas pulled off a superb save to deny Spencer Weir-Daly.

Rushden & Diamonds levelled the match five minutes after the break when Weir-Daly set up Joel Gyasi for the finish.

Keeper Comas suffered a head injury during the attack and was stretchered off.

With no back-up on the bench, Paolo Montella was forced to go in goal.

Montella pulled off an excellent save to keep out Gyasi’s free-kick as the hosts held on for a hard-earned point.

Northwood travel to Fleet Town in the league tomorrow.