Oxhey Jets surrendered top spot and slipped to fourth in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division after a 3-0 defeat at Hadley on Saturday.

With a combination of sides in FA Cup, FA Vase or Premier Division Cup action, there were only five top-flight fixtures in total as Jets looked to continue their encouraging early-season form.

However they were never really in the contest as a free-kick from Yemi Buraimoh gave hosts Hadley the half-time lead.

Second-half goals from Jeff Idemudia and Ibrahim Camara wrapped up a good afternoon for the Bricks at Jets’ expense.

The result was overshadowed by a head injury sustained by Hadley goalkeeper Luke Ward, but the hosts deservedly notched up a third win from four league games.

In Division Two, meanwhile, rampant Bovingdon’s superb start to the season shows no signs of abating after they thrashed Grendon Rangers 7-1.

The win means Martin Standen’s side move six points clear at the top, albeit having played two games more than nearest challenges Pitstone & Ivinghoe, as they secured a fifth win from six matches.

The leaders found themselves a goal down as Grendon converted from the penalty spot, but they had turned it around by the break thanks to goals from Ed Canham and Jay Wilson.

Four goals in 10 second-half minutes proved decisive, however, as they turned on the style to continue their unbeaten start in the league this season.

Braces from both Stephan Dodds and Matt Standen took the game away from Rangers, before Jamie Eames wrapped up the scoring for Bovingdon with a seventh of the afternoon.

Tring Athletic went goal crazy in a 7-1 rout of Leighton Town at the Grass Roots Stadium.

The win for Ian Richardson’s side mean they remain unbeaten in the Premier Division as they climbed to second with 11 points from five matches.

Athletic were 5-0 up at the break thanks to a brace from Ashton Campbell and first-half efforts from Kieron Turner, Tommy Twelves and Elliott Goward.

There was little respite in the second half as Goward doubled up with Tring’s sixth goal of the afternoon, before Leighton registered a consolation strike after 71 minutes.

Clinical Tring completed the scoring four minutes from time when Jack Read collected a through ball and finished past Town goalkeeper Tom Wyant.

Leverstock Green went even better to ensure their progress in the FA Vase, thrashing Unite MK 10-0 at Pancake Lane in the First Qualifying Round to record their biggest win in the competition.

Jonathan Lacey bagged four, there were braces for Reynaldo Carbon and Alex Witham, and both Alex Yearwood and Sam Nair scored to set up a meeting with Raunds Town on September 15.

Then on Tuesday night, Leverstock Green beat Cockfosters 4-0. Another hat-trick for Lacey and one from Chris Blunden secured a first league win, despite Levy playing 73 minutes with 10 men.