Bovingdon's flying form showed no sign of letting up on Saturday as they eased to a comfortable 2-0 win over Aston Clinton in the South Midlands League Division Two.

A well-contested first half saw both sides push forward in search of the opening goal and there were chances at either end.

It looked as though the sides would head into the interval level, but Bovingdon found the go-ahead goal with five minutes remaining in the half.

Jay Walsh was the man who found the net as he headed in from Jamie Eames’ cross.

The second half saw both side's defences impress as the forwards were made to work hard for the limited chances they managed to create.

The all-important second goal came late in the half when Matthew Standen found the net with a fine finish.

In the Premier Division, Tring Athletic came out on top in a meeting with local rivals Oxhey Jets on Saturday as they claimed a 2-0 victory.

The win was not without its fair share of controversy, with Jets feeling they should have had a penalty in the second period and a goal in the second half.

With the referee unmoved, Jets were made to rue lapses in concentration which allowed Tring to score their goals.

The opening strike came when an under-hit backpass allowed Kieran Turner to nip in and round the keeper before tapping into an empty net.

Having seen a penalty appeal waved away, Jets looked to have forced the ball home, but again the officials ruled on the side of Tring and decided the ball hadn’t crossed the line.

Moments later a wayward defensive header allowed Athletic to double their lead and Jets never managed to recover.

Tring were able to carry their league form into the first round of the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday night as they eased to a 3-1 win over London Colney.

Jack Read, Ben Johnson and Ashton Campbell got the goals for Tring as they booked their place in the next round of the Challenge Trophy.

Leverstock Green also enjoyed cup success as they booked their place in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup after a replay triumph over Hadley.

The sides played out a goalless stalemate in their first meeting on Saturday in what proved to be a keenly contested tie.

Tuesday's replay followed a similar pattern and required a moment of individual excellence from Chris Blunden to find a winner.

The Green man found the net from a free-kick with 13 minutes remaining in the game.

The win means Green can prepare for a second qualifying round clash with Dorking Wanderers.