Oxhey Jets came out on the wrong side of a 10-goal thriller as they were beaten 6-4 by South Midlands League Premier Division rivals Biggleswade on Saturday.

With both sides going well in the league, it was always likely to be an entertaining and delivered as such as the lead exchanged hands on multiple occasions.

Jets were the first to take the front thanks to Luke Jones’ individual strike, which saw him jink past tackles and curl home after five minutes.

A quick-fire double from Biggleswade saw the game turn in the away side’s favour soon after, however, to leave Jets reeling.

They didn’t allow the double blow to take the wind out of their sails and soon pulled level when Andy Brenan rifled home from Jones’ free-kick.

Things got even better for Jets before half-time as Tom Gibson arrived unchecked at the back post to slide home and give his side the lead at the break.

The game turned on its head once more as Biggleswade scored twice in 11 minutes to go ahead once more.

Jones, who was undoubtedly Jets’ star man came to the fore once more to level, but two goals without reply finally turned the game conclusively in Biggleswade’s favour.

If Saturday had been full of drama a Tuesday night meeting with Edgware proved anything but as the pair played out a goalless stalemate.

Tring Athletic’s flying form showed no signs of slowing up as they won back-to-back games to make it seven victories on the spin in all competitions.

Saturday saw a game with Potton United settled by a solitary goal as Luke Dunstan’s strike handed Athletic all three points.

After a goalless first-half, Dunstan secured the win as he got up well to head home from Ashton Campbell’s pin-point cross.

On Tuesday night it was Tring’s turn to hit the road as they took on Potton in the reverse fixture and once again picked up a clean sheet to win 2-0.

David O’Connor headed home early on to give Tring the advantage and they sealed the points when Kieran Turner ran clear and scored.

The result leaves Tring second in the league and just a point adrift of pace-setters Biggleswade.

The Division Two League Cup proved a happy hunting ground for Bovingdon as they recorded a 5-3 win over New Bradwell.

Jamie Eames led the way for Bovingdon as he notched a well-taken hat-trick to add to goals from Stephen Dodds and Jay Wilson in the entertaining game.

The result would have been far more comfortable had it not been for Ben Davies being sent off 10 minutes from time and New Bradwell took advantage to score twice.

It was a mixed week for Leverstock Green as they beat Biggleswade United on Saturday but lost to Cockfosters in midweek.

Saturday’s win was a narrow one as Jonathan Lacey found the net with 16 minutes on the clock to down United.

It was a less pleasant outing on Tuesdat as they suffered a late defeat.

With just over an hour on the clock George Beattie put Cockfosters ahead before Chris Blunden levelled from the spot.

However, Beattie had the final say with a stoppage-time winner.