Premier Division

Ten times champions St Josephs have endured a poor start to the season but they finally registered a first three points of the campaign at the sixth time of asking with a 5-1 victory over Fox and Hounds.

St Josephs, who are rebuilding with a young side, fielded a 16-year-old goalkeeper and they had a dream start when they went ahead after only five minutes, Robbie Tocher dispatching a penalty after he had been fouled.

A second goal soon followed when Alex Ward finished off a flowing six-man move, and it was 3-0 on the half-hour mark when Calum Tobin headed home a cross from Johnny Hopkins.

The home side pulled a goal back on the stroke of half-time as Ciaran Walsh finished off an Alex Williams free-kick, but that was as good as it got for Fox.

St Josephs made it 3-0 when Hopkins saw his shot deflected into the net and after their opponents had been reduced to 10 men, Tocher scored his second with a smart finish.

Old Danes Athletic stayed top and while their advantage has been cut to a point, there were happy with a point after coming from 4-0 down to draw 4-4 in the local derby with Rickmansworth Town.

The leaders started without their regular goalkeeper and found themselves two down in the opening four minutes.

Despite the arrival of the keeper, Danes then conceded two more and were 4-0 down after only 26 minutes played after S. Cabey had netted twice and B. Adams and T. Osunsedo one apiece.

Old Danes finally got back into the game four minutes before the break when Callum Woodcock’s shot was turned home by his brother Jordan.

Ross Bennett netted with an overhead kick four minutes into the second half, then Callum Woodcock forced the ball home from close range, and with 12 minutes remaining he scored again to complete the comeback, although both sides missed chances to win the game at the death.

Champions Oakview are the team on Old Danes’ tail, and they made it four straight wins with a 3-0 victory over Rifle Volunteer.

Tom Kennedy opened the scoring with a 30-yard screamer after 10 minutes and Darryl Brown then netted with a 25-yard left-foot strike.

Lewis Putman completed the scoring with 20 minutes to go after beating the keeper and slotting the ball past three players on the line.

Chorleywood Club are in third after a 1-0 win over Old Fullerians as a game dominated by both goalkeepers was settled by a Clement Asante effort 20 minutes from time.

Reed Rangers got the better of West Herts 4-3 following an end-to-end encounter.

The Stags took an early lead through an own goal from the Reed keeper, but his side were level after seven minutes when a Louis Bircham deflected shot found Andrew Brennan lurking on edge of the six-yard box to stab home.

West Herts regained the lead after 20 minutes with a 25-five yard effort from the in-form Jeremy Audic, only for Rangers to equalise again two minutes before the break when John Smith curled in a free-kick.

Sunnie Ighorae gave the Stags the lead for a third time at the start of the second half and that looked like being enough until their opponents staged a late comeback.

First Smith set up Nick Kerley for the equaliser, and with five minutes left Dominic David’s run enabled Kerley to net what proved to be the winner.

Division One

The big game at the top of the table saw FC Woodside inflict a first defeat of the season on FC Unicorrn following a 3-2 victory.

The win moved Woodside four points clear of their opponents, although they have played two games more.

Nathan Gullin gave Woodside the lead from the penalty spot, but Jamie Calvin levelled from a Lee Puddephatt corner.

Michael Griffin restored the lead after the break when he headed home from close range and it was 3-1 soon after when Danny Roberts thumped home from the edge of the box.

George Kus gambled on a Calvin flick-on to make it 3-2, but Woodside held on for the win thanks to some great defending from Tom Garrett and poor Unicorn finishing.

Tudor Athletic are the team sandwiched in between Woodside and Unicorn after they put 10 unanswered goals past Croxley, who remain bottom of the table on goal difference.

Despite only managing to field the bare 11 players, Tudor came flying out the blocks and were two up in the first five minutes through Mike Varcoe and Jack Robertson.

Kyle Mann made it three and it was 4-0 by half-time after a Danny Regan shot deflected in off a Croxley defender.

Tudor continued to turn the screw in the second half with Robertson scoring another four times to take his tally for the game to five, as Gary Coyle and James Hocking added one apiece.

AFC Bedmond have probably been the most inconstant team in all five divisions so far but they enjoyed a 2-1 away win over Cassiobury Rangers.

Mark O'Connor and Pat O'Boyle scored in a strong first-half display and although Cassiobury did reply in the second period thanks to a Joe Mortimer penalty, it wasn’t enough to prevent a Bedmond victory.

A first-half goal from Colin Wilson and two late second-half efforts from George Minihan and Robbie Edgar were enough for Langleybury CC to beat North Watford 3-0.

Division Two

There were goals galore in the third tier with 26 being scored in just three games.

With the top two, Bushey Rangers and Everett Rovers, without a game it was a chance for the chasing pack to try and close the gap.

Ripstone are in third after beating Sun Regent Sports 9-0.

Matt Elgey scored four to take his tally for the season to 11, Rob Benson and Tom Courtney netted two each and Archie Ring got the other.

The Tree are in fourth after a 5-1 win over Northwood thanks to Nathan Davies double and singles each for Harry Rush, Craig Horwood and Paul Rush. Lee Newman got the sole Northwood reply.

Ardent beat Ricky AFC 8-3 as Charlie Salvage and Billy Lobjoit each scored a hat-trick, with Craig Clark and Ross Parsons also netting.

Shane Kitts (2) and Jordan Allen scored for Ricky, who remain bottom of the table without a single point from their six games so far.

Division Three

Woodlands United are into second place after a 3-1 win over Inter.

Nick Roberts, Matt Bower and Simon Schofield were on target while Ryan Roedling replied for Inter.

Two mid-table sides, ACS Milan and Chess United, shared the points in a 2-2 draw.

Scott Monaghan and Declan Mangan scored for ACS with Craig Putman and Nelson Pequeno netting the Chess goals.

Division Four

It is amazing what a first win can do for confidence and RBL Croxley certainly proved it when they made it two victories on the spin, beating Hertfordshire Harriers 5-2.

RBL prevailed after a scrappy game, with Will Keddy and Callum Hearn both scoring two each and Luke Gusterson notching the other. Laurence Brown and Jacob Jull got the Harriers goals.

Sun Postal Sports didn’t look back after Daniel Mass scored an early tap in to set them on their way to a 5-0 win over Skyline.

Daniel Flanagan netted two quick-fire goals either side of the half-hour mark and Moss finished off a good team move to make it four on the stroke of half-time.

Another team move saw Flanagan complete his hat-trick after the break.

White Horse and leaders SOCA drew 3-3 as Sam Groves scored two and Floyd Thompson once for the home side, while Conor Chapman also netted twice for SOCA and Thomas McMullen got their other.