Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Round Four

Everett Rovers beat fellow Watford Sunday League side Croxley 8-2, leaving last season’s Herts Junior Cup winners just three games away from winning another County Cup.

Harry Panayiotou opened the scoring for Everett before Reece Cameron added a second with a long-range shot and Barry Mitchell’s free-kick made it 3-0.

Croxley got themselves back in the game when they pulled one back through a Samba penalty and then a second from Carl Petitt.

Everett came out a much stronger side in the second half and substitute Ross O’Flynn quickly made it 4-2.

Four became five when Cameron scored his second before a quick brace of goals from Luke Preedy made it 7-2.

Cameron completed his hat-trick to make it eight later on and complete and impressive victory.

Everett will face Ardent for a place in the semi-final, after they beat Boxmoor 4-1 thanks to a Charlie Salvage hat-trick and a Ross Parsons goal.

FC Unicorn’s tie with Hedgehog FC was abandoned after 58 minutes due to a mass player confrontation.

Unicorn were winning 2-1 at the time and the Herts FA will now decide the outcome of the game.

Eric Hand Challenge Cup Round Three

Bushey Sports Club defeated AFC Bedmond 5-1 to progress to round four.

The sides were level at 1-1, but braces from Joe Da Silva and Rob Gradwell and a fifth from Dan Branch ensured the victory and set up a quarter-final clash with Chorleywood Club.

Ken Simmons Memorial Cup Round One

Harry Chamberlin, Conor Chapman and Dillion Chamberlain scored for SOCA as they beat Skyline 3-1. Dylan Stewart was on the mark for the visitors.

Premier Division

Champions Oakview made it five wins from five after putting 16 unanswered goals past West Herts.

Lewis Putman led the blitz with seven goals, Chris Blunden netted six and solitary efforts from Adam Lowton, Luke Beardsworth as well as an own goal rounded off the win.

Second-placed Reed Rangers defeated Old Danes Athletic with an emphatic 6-0 victory.

The scoring started after six minutes with Max Halcomb heading in. Chris Colman netted either side of the break, before Nick Kerley added a hat-trick to round off the win.

Chorleywood Club are up to third place after a 1-0 win over Evergreen.

An inspired substitution 20 minutes from time saw Prince Nimoh make an immediate impact, beating two players and crossing for Nicholas Holden to score the winning goal.

Rifle Volunteer lost ground on the top two sides after being held to a 1-1 draw by Old Fullerians.

It was the visitors who took the lead in the first half when an attack down the left-hand side led to the ball breaking to Craig Totton just to the right of the goal and he finished with a low strike back across the keeper.

Fullerians failed to capitalise on several good chances to extend their lead and the home side were indebted to keeper Cornick, who kept his team in the game.

Hugh Trayte levelled for the home side after the break to leave both teams a share of the spoils.

At the other end of the table, St Josephs beat Rickmansworth Town 2-0.

Clear-cut chances were at a premium at the start of the game, but it burst into life mid-way through the first half when a cut back from Alex Ward saw Hugo Figerola fire home from outside the 18-yard area.

The win was then sealed in the second half with Figerola adding his second of the game, when he rounded the keeper and put the ball in the empty net.

Division One

FC Woodside opened up a six-point lead at the top of the table with a thumping 7-0 home win over North Watford, earning them some revenge for the 2-0 defeat to the same team in the last game before the Christmas break.

The home side took an early lead when Michael Griffin hammered home and he quickly doubled their advantage by lobbing the keeper soon after.

Jack Merrix then found the top corner with a screamer from 25 yards for the third, before Tom Garrett tapped in from close range after some great play down the left wing.

There was still time for Woodside to add two more in the opening period, with Danny Roberts rounding the keeper and Griffin completing his hat-trick just before half-time.

Griffin would go on to add one more goal to his and team’s tally in the second half to round off a comfortable victory.

Tudor Athletic came back from 1-0 down to beat Cassiobury Rangers 3-1 away from home, keeping the pressure on FC Woodside.

The home side took the lead though through James Craggs, who was able to score into the bottom left corner on the half-volley from around 25 yards out after good work down the left by Rob Ladmore.

Cassiobury were resolute and kept their lead into half-time, but in the second period Tudor changed formation to an attacking 4-3-3 and this made all the difference.

A clever ball from substitute Karl Bull picked out Mike Varcoe who converted neatly to level the score.

Cassiobury then sealed the win thanks to a set piece by Danny Regan and another, to put daylight between the two sides, from James Hocking.

Division Two

League leaders Bushey Rangers dropped points for the first time this season as they were held 2-2 at home by Northwood.

Chad Flaherty and George Davies were on the scoresheet for Rangers, while Ollie Cattle and George Dalling ensured Northwood did not leave empty handed.

Bushey’s slip-up has given a chance to The Tree, who defeated fellow promotion hopefuls Ripstone 5-2 away.

The visitors had a dream start, scoring within 30 seconds of the kick-off and a second was added shortly after the second period began.

Ripstone scored twice through Redmund O'Donoghue and Matt Elgey, after a third Tree goal, to leave the score 3-2 to the visitors heading into the final minutes.

The home side pushed for the equaliser, but were twice caught on the counter-attack to leave the final score looking more comfortable than it actually was.

Harry Rush scored a hat-trick, with Triantafilos Skapetis and Nathan Davis also on target for the Tree.

Division Three

Woodlands United put 10 goals past NWFC, with Joe Ray and Matt Bower both netting three each, Ghenti Noxha getting a brace and Klevis Dervishi and Andrew Wilkins bagging one apiece.

Oxhey Athletic kept themselves in the title hunt as they beat Chess United 5-3, with Dana Anderson scoring a hat-trick but still ending up on the losing side, as Liam Coles and Jordan Aston-Woods both netted twice and Michael Orsmond once for Oxhey.

Batchworth remain bottom of the table after a 3-1 home defeat to Oxhey Rangers.

Michael Gilman bagged a brace, and Jamil Mizra added a third, while Sam Hollis scored for Batchworth.

ACS Milan edged past Inter 2-1, with Scott Monaghan and Matthew Gibsone on target for ACS and Chris Stead scoring for their opponents.

Division Four

Hews and The Victoria both kept the pressure on leaders SOCA with victories.

Hews beat RBL Croxley 3-1 with goals from Andy Noonan, Chris Dunn and Nathan Pooley, while bottom-placed White Horse gave The Victoria a good fight before going down 6-3.

Dan Bourne, James Farrell, Jack Davies, Charlie Wharton, Kane Doran and Michael Lipman all scored for The Victoria, while Floyd Thompson, Ralph Thompson and Karim Gregory replied for their opponents.