Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Semi-Final

Everett Rovers are just 90 minutes from achieving an impressive cup double, winning both the Herts Junior and Intermediate Cups in successive seasons after they defeated Infernos Elite 3-2, although they had to do it the hard way after twice coming from behind and missing a penalty in the process.

Everett had the better of the opening period with numerous chances going begging, including Meshach Williams missing from the penalty spot after Reece Cameron was brought down in the area.

Rovers were left to rue those opportunities when Infernos took the lead after a defensive mix-up.

However, they were soon level when Joe Brown found himself free at the far post and slammed the ball into the top of the net.

Infernos re-took the lead 10 minutes into the second half when Everett keeper Ryan Peach was beaten by a sliced shot that span past him.

Rovers didn’t panic though, and levelled for a second time soon after when Luke Preedy headed in from a pin-point Williams free-kick.

That goal lifted the home side and they went in front for the first time in the tie with 15 minutes remaining when Jake Knight finished well.

Rovers will now face Blacksmith’s of the Herts Advertiser League in the final at Letchworth on April 7.

Terry Devereux President’s Cup Group B

The tie between the only teams who could still qualify for the semi-final stage as runners-up to group winners Oakview saw Reed Rangers beat Rifle Volunteer 3-2.

Rifle took the lead after 17 minutes following a passing move that was finished off by Josh Helmore.

However, Reed were to level within three minutes as Dom David turned and slotted home.

Volunteer went back in front on the half hour when Louis Bircham picked the ball up on the right and ran through on goal before rifling a shot into the bottom right corner.

Rangers equalised for a second time 15 minutes after the break when former Rifle player Nick Kerley laid the ball off to Miley Cash who finished well.

But their tie was decided by a freak deflected own goal with 20 minutes remaining, meaning that Reed will now face Group A winners St Josephs in the semi-final, while the other last-four tie sees holders Oakview take on Rickmansworth Town.

Invitation Cup Group C

Ricky AFC have had a poor season in Division Two but they enjoyed some rare cheer with a 3-1 victory over Sun Postal Sports to give themselves a real chance of reaching the semi-finals.

Ross McGuire struck twice and Anthony Gilbert once with Ben Dunton replying for Sun.

Premier Division

St Josephs beat West Herts 4-1 to give themselves some vital breathing space at the bottom end of the table.

The game opened with the home side striking the woodwork on three occasions before they finally took the lead when Robbie Tocher scored on the rebound after a shot had hit the bar for a fourth time.

The Stags drew level with a fine solo effort from Sunnie Ighorae who dribbled past three defenders before slotting in.

Dylan Caton then restored St Josephs' lead when he dinked the ball past the oncoming keeper and Tocher scored a near-post header from a corner to make it 3-1 just before the break.

Tocher went on to complete his hat-trick after the break.

Evergreen beat Old Danes Athletic 2-0 in a mid-table affair, securing the points thanks to two goals in the final 18 minutes.

First Aleks Jokiel raced down the right before crossing low across the area where Sam Robins calmly put the opportunity away, and then four minutes from time Jokiel scored himself after racing onto a 40-yard pass from Jake Colley.

Division One

Tudor Athletic won the big game at the top of the table, beating leaders FC Woodside 2-0.

The victory means they cut the gap to five points and with four games in hand.

Two goals in quick succession after the break secured the points as Gary Coyle scored with a header before James Fisher set up Mike Varcoe, who turned a defender before finishing smartly.

Division Two

The Tree’s hopes of the title have all but ended after they suffered a 5-4 home defeat to Ardent.

It leaves them still three points behind leaders Everett Rovers with only a single game left, which is against the table toppers this Sunday.

Triantafilos Skapetis hit a brace with Callum Lee and Alex Simmonds also finding the net.

Ardent, who have had an inconsistent season, won the game thanks to goals from Dwayne Duncan, Kiefer Shuttleworth, Chay Lewis, Jamie Kavanagh and Craig Clark.

Division Three

Leaders AFC Leavesden defeated Inter 4-0 thanks to Lucas Halligan’s brace and single strikes from Alex Diaz and Kyle Clifford.

It was a good morning for Leavesden as second-placed Woodlands United suffered a 3-1 defeat to the team directly below them in the table, Oxhey Athletic.

Jordan Aston-Woods gave Oxhey the lead after eight minutes from the penalty spot after Bradley Brunt was brought down in the box.

Brunt was a thorn in the side of the Woodlands defence all game, but they were to pull level early in the second half through Klevis Dervishi.

The game was won for Oxhey with two goals in five minutes in the final quarter from Aston-Woods and the impressive Brunt, who deserved got on the scoresheet.

Oxhey Rangers beat bottom-placed NW FC 3-2 to more or less seal Third Division football for next season.

A fourth league win of the campaign was earned thanks to goals from Rhys Phelps, Hardik Nanda and Michael Gilman. The NW replies came from Shakeb Al and an own goal.

Division Four

It was an eighth league win out of eight for The Victoria as they defeated Skyline 3-1 to give themselves a six-point lead over Hews.

The second-placed side have seen their hopes hit following the deduction of three points after being found guilty of fielding an ineligible player in a victory against Sun Postal Sports in November, although that is still subject to a possible appeal.

Dan Bourne took his tally for the season to 15 with a brace for Victoria with James Farrell scoring their other goal. Dylan Stewart netted the Skyline reply.