Oxhey Jets moved to within three points of the top six in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division after beating London Colney 3-0 on Saturday.

Goals from Henry Marku, Nick Kerley and Luke Jones extended Jets’ unbeaten run to a sixth league game and leave Tim O’Sullivan’s men eighth in the table.

The home side got off to the ideal start as some early pressure was rewarded in the ninth minute when Marku headed powerfully home from a corner.

However, the scorer’s game was to be ended by injury soon after and the scars were to continue to mount up for both sides in a combative encounter.

Jets took their lead into the interval and they spurned a fine chance to double it after the restart when Kerley had a one-on-one with the Colney keeper, only to slot wide.

However, Kerley was not to be denied when arguably the best move of the game resulted in him doubling the lead after Sean Giordmaina had combined to impressive effect with Jones.

Two soon became three when Jones fired home in spectacular fashion to enable his side to complete their third double of a season that will have no relegation worries for the first time in a few years.

A successful Saturday for the Boundary Way club was completed by their reserve side who came from behind twice to reach the Herts Intermediate Cup final with a 3-2 extra-time win at neighbours Oxhey.

Bovingdon took another step closer to winning the Division Two title with a comfortable 4-1 home win over Pitstone & Ivinghoe.

A brace apiece from Matt Standen and Jordan Thurgood sealed the win which leaves last season’s Herts Senior County League champions three points clear at the top, having played three games fewer than nearest challengers Berkhamsted Raiders.

Tring Athletic reclaimed top spot in the Premier Division after a 4-1 home win over Stotfold took them back above Hadley on goal difference and with a game in hand.

After a blip at the start of the year when they picked up just a single point from three games, Ian Richardson’s side have found their form at the right time with 13 points in their last five matches.

The fixture looked a mismatch on paper with Stotfold propping up the table, but they have been galvanised by a change in management and took a surprise lead in the 15th minute when Jermaine Francis capitalised on Tring’s failure to clear a cross.

However, it took Athletic only six minutes to get back on terms as James Verney headed home a George Ironton cross.

The home side began to take control and were to go in front after 37 minutes when Jon Clements flicked the ball past the keeper after latching onto Kieran Turner’s pass.

Clements soon doubled his tally four minutes before the break after latching onto a long ball to leave his side in command at half-time.

The seal on a satisfying afternoon’s work was applied in injury time when Turner released Clements who turned down the opportunity of a hat-trick by unselfishly squaring for Lee Stobbs to slot home.