Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Final

Last season's Herts Junior Cup winners Everett Rovers made it back-to-back triumphs in County finals after beating Blacksmiths 3-1 to lift the Intermediate trophy at Letchworth.

The victory also continues a spell of success for the Watford Sunday League in this competition as Rovers became the fifth team to win it in just 10 seasons, and the 12th side overall.

Everett certainly rode their luck early on when a nice exchange on the edge of the area saw Lewis Cocomazzi lay the ball off to Jamie Hazell, who saw his effort crash against the crossbar and bounce down before being headed clear by Sean Moore.

Rovers slowly got themselves into the game with Barry Mitchell, Luke Preddy and Meshach Williams all going close to making the breakthrough before they did take the lead after 38 minutes.

Korby Bryan broke up a Blacksmith’s attack on the edge of his penalty area, fed the ball to Williams who hit a through pass to Jake Knight and he turned Jordan Manfre on the edge of the box, firing home low to the keeper's left, a goal which sparked a backflip celebration.

A minute before the break Everett doubled their lead when after good work between Joe Brown and Williams, the ball was half-cleared by Steve Furnell but it ball fell straight into the path of Reece Cameron who fired into the bottom right corner of the net from an angle.

A double substitution at the start of the second half gave Blacksmith’s some hope of getting back into the tie and they had strong appeals for a penalty when Hazell, who was his side’s most dangerous player, was pushed over just inside the box.

It was Everett who were to be awarded a spot-kick five minutes later though, when Cameron saw his cross handled on the edge of the box by the arms of James Russell, but Mitchell could only fire his effort high and wide of the target.

However, Rovers were to be awarded a second penalty in as many minutes when Rhys Jacob brought down Williams in the area. This time Williams took the spot-kick and made no mistake, sending Daniel Lewis the wrong way.

Blacksmith’s never gave up and scored a deserved goal three minutes from time when Hazell finished well from Sam Dempsey’s lofted through ball, but it was to be their opponents who were soon celebrating another County Cup final success.

Everett Rovers: Peach, Frost (Barham 75), Brown, Mitchell, Denham, Moore, Bryan (O’Flynn 69), Preedy (Scott 79), Cameron, Knight (Panayioutou 48, (Owen 81)), Williams.

Blacksmiths: Lewis, Furnell (Johnson 45), Jacob, Corran, Russell, Dempsey, Cocomazzi (Rowlands 63), Manfre (O’Brien 45), Ismail, Hazell, Golds. Not Used: Gee, King.

Eric Hand Challenge Cup Quarter-Finals

Both remaining ties resulted in big upsets as Oakview and West Herts crashed out.

The game between two of three title contenders saw hosts Rifle Volunteer avenge their previous Herts Senior County Cup defeat at the hands of Oakview with a 1-0 victory.

Oakview’s Luke Lloyd was dismissed after 15 minutes and their opponents, sensing their chance, pushed forward and their efforts were rewarded on the stroke of half-time.

Chris Killer and Mark Lomas combined to allow Rifle’s player-manager Gary Froy to slot the ball home at the back post with his left foot.

Oakview hand plenty of possession after the break but failed to do anything with it until the final few minutes when Rifle keeper Tony Cornick tipped Chris Blunden’s free-kick onto the bar and Terry Cooper cleared the rebound off the line to send the holders crashing out.

Second Division Ardent are the only team from outside the top flight in the last four after they defeated Premier Division West Herts 5-0.

They opened the scoring after 13 minutes when a pin-point cross from Craig Clark found the head of Kiefer Shuttleworth.

The scorer quickly doubled his tally when he showed a turn of pace to latch onto a loose back pass from a defender and beat the keeper to the ball before rounding him to slot home.

After dealing with some early second-half pressure from the Stags, Ardent got their third from a corner met by the head of Dwayne Duncan.

Shuttleworth completed his hat-trick when he tapped home after an effort from a long Jamie Kavanagh free-kick was parried into his path.

But Shuttleworth wasn’t finished there, netting his fourth moments later with a neat finish past the oncoming keeper.

Terry Devereux President’s Cup Semi-Final

St Josephs caused a major surprise when they defeated Reed Rangers 4-0 to set up a final against Oakview, who advanced without kicking a ball after opponents Rickmansworth Town folded.

Joes went ahead after 13 minutes when Harry Seabrook capitalised on some poor defending and seven minutes later he made it 2-0.

Reed were then given a great opportunity to get back into the game but Louis Bircham could only fire his penalty against the post.

It went from bad to worse for the County Cup winners after the break when they had a player dismissed and St Josephs took full advantage, scoring twice more through Johnny Hopkins and Lewis Smith.

Premier Division

Old Danes Athletic rounded off their league season with a 2-0 victory over fellow mid-table side Old Fullerians.

Ali Shale scored both of the goals in a nine-minute spell in the first half.

Division Two

Ripstone brought the Second Division to an end with a 3-1 win over bottom-placed Ricky AFC, meaning the victors finished their league campaign in fourth place.

Tim Wilson, Matt Causbrook and Lee Culverhouse were on target for Ripstone, with John Gyabaah replying.

Division Three

Woodlands United now have a four-point lead at the top of the table after a straightforward 6-1 win over bottom-placed NW FC, although the chasing pair of AFC Leavesden and Oxhey Athletic do both have two games in hand.

Ghenti Noxia struck a hat-trick with the other goals coming from Klevis Dervishi, Matt Bower and Luke Wilburn. Haseeb Khan scored for NW.

Goals from Ben Davies and Ives Luhasu were enough to give ACS Milan a 2-0 victory over Inter.

Division Four

With no pressure on either side, RBL Croxley and Sun Postal Sports produced a game of 12 goals, with the home side winning 8-4.

Callum Hearn led the way with a hat-trick for RBL, Chris Massey netted a brace and Will Keddy, Harry Donohoe and Jamie Livy were also on target.

Adam Jones, Graham Melsome, Everald Gooden and Dion Belle got the Sun replies.