Oxhey Jets Reserves won the Herts FA Intermediate Cup on Tuesday night with a 2-0 win over Royston Town Reserves.

Royston started the stronger side but Jets always looked dangerous on the break, and Ashley Fongho fired them ahead after 20 minutes with a superb strike from the edge of the area.

That lead was extended in stoppage time as Andre Gomes finished the game with a fine left-footed shot across goal to spark huge celebrations from the players, management and supporters.

The Jets first team also won their fixture at the weekend, sending Cockfosters to the bottom of the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division with a 3-1 away from home.

Nick Kerley scored either side of Sean Giordmaina’s strike, with Fosters pulling one back at the end to no avail.

Kerley curled in his first of the day to give Jets the lead after they survived a penalty appeal from the hosts.

Giordmaina was then twice denied after bursting through but soon had his name on the scoresheet when he turned home after Henry Marku won a near post header.

Not long after the restart, Marku was again the provider as found Kerley to fire home the third and Jets kept alive their top-ten prospects.

There was, however, an instant reply from the home side to make it 3-1, but it did nothing to change the outcome of the game and Jets held on for the points.

Northwood couldn’t turn the tide after last week’s loss to bottom side Egham Town, this time going down 3-1 at Hanwell Town in the Bostik League South Central Division.

Zaied Sabti opened the scoring, finishing from the edge of the area after being found by Kyran Worrell.

The joy was short-lived though, and Dwayne Duncan restored parity three minutes later when he headed in Jack Waldren’s cross.

Hanwell turned the game on its head before the break, and two goals in as many minutes, firstly from Harry Rush’s finish and Louis Bircham’s sublime volley, was enough for them to hold onto the victory.

BJ Christie scored twice against his old club to confine Berkhamsted to a 2-1 loss at home to AFC Dunstable in the Evo Stik League South Division One Central on Saturday.

Christie opened the scoring on seven minutes and then doubled his tally from the spot later on, with Max Farrelly pulling one back for Berko.

A Jonathan Lacey hat-trick did, though, help the side to reach the St Mary’s Cup final with a 4-1 success over Chipperfield Corinthians on Tuesday.

Andrew Ofuso got Berko’s other goal and Adrian Abramian netted for Corinthians.

Tring Athletic eased to a 3-0 win over North Greenford United on Saturday to continue to set the pace at the top of the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division.

Mark Riddick headed Tring into the lead in the first half, and Dave O’Connor strike and a Kieran Turner penalty added to the score after the break, but Tring lost their lead at the top on Tuesday when they lost 1-0 away at Biggleswade, who replace them at the summit.

Finally, Leverstock Green remain in trouble towards the bottom but picked up a valuable point in a 0-0 draw with Edgware Town.