Oxhey Jets went out of the Herts Charity Shield at the first-round stage after losing 5-4 on penalties at home to Colney Heath on Tuesday.

Jets took the lead just after half time through a stunning volley when Heath’s goalkeeper produced an excellent save with his feet to keep out a penalty, but the rebound was hammered back into the bottom corner first time after the ball had looped out to the edge of the penalty area.

The visitors equalised with 15 minutes to go as George Devine’s shot looped in to take the game to penalties, and Devine was the hero from the spot too, scoring the decisive kick to send Heath through to the second round.

Jets did, however, manage to secure their second Spartan Premier Division win of the season on Saturday with a 3-0 success away at bottom side North Greenford United.

It was Andrew Brennan who opened the scoring when he crashed home a long-range effort following some excellent build-up play from Jets.

Shortly after, Andre Lopes and Reece Cameron combined for the former to send in a teasing delivery which forced an own goal off the Greenford defender.

The third arrived before the break to effectively end the game as a contest, with Cameron spotting the keeper off his line and sending the ball sailing over him into the net from 40 yards.

Goalkeeper Matty Evans produced two excellent saves late on to preserve his clean sheet, Jets’ first of the season.

The side return to North Greenford this weekend for their FA Vase second qualifying round game, which kicks off at 3pm.

Sarratt recorded their first Division Two win of the season with a 2-1 success over Buckingham United.

Marcus Rivers scored a brace for the hosts, while Adwale Odatolu score in reply for the away side.

Three goals conceded in each half handed Leverstock Green their third Premier Division defeat of the season in a 6-0 thumping away at Newport Pagnell Town.

Newport Pagnell took the lead three minutes later as Jim Burnside slotted past Carl Tasker and a quick brace from Immanuel Soetan before the break had Newport in control.

Burnside took advantage of some shoddy defending on the hour mark to make it four, and later on in the half he increased his tally to four with two goals in as many minutes to round off a miserable afternoon for Green.

Bovingdon put their first Division Two point of the season on the board with a 1-1 draw at home to Pitstone & Ivinghoe.

Kieran Doughty’s free-kick just before the break put the home side in front, but Damilola Owolana’s equaliser in the second half ensured a share of the points.

Finally, Tring Athletic kept pace with Newport Pagnell in the Premier Division by coming from behind to beat Crawley Green 4-2 away from home.

Oluwanimilo Ajigbolamu put Green in front only for Charncey Dash’s penalty to level proceedings, but Sam Holmes restored the lead just before the break.

Tring later took advantage of an Ajigbolamu red card, levelling the game through Jay Lovell before a late brace from Daniel Ferrigno made the game safe.