Just seven days on from their last victory against North Greenford United, Oxhey Jets did it again with a 2-0 success, this time in the second qualifying round of the FA Vase.

A goal in each half did the business for the Jets, who had won 3-0 against the Spartan Premier Division’s bottom side in the league the week before. Jamie Speer had them ahead at the break while Andrew Brennan rounded things off towards the end.

It took until the half hour mark, but Jets found the lead when Speer was sent through one-on-one with the goalkeeper, and he made no mistake with the finish.

While not quite the dominant display of the week before, Jets comfortably sealed their passage in the 77th minute when Brennan’s long-range stunner found the net, completing a 2-0 win and setting up a tie at home to Hackney Wick.

Next up, though, is a return to league action for Jets as they travel to Vale Farm to take on fellow mid-table side Wembley. Kick-off is at 3pm.

Meanwhile, Northwood finally claimed their first Isthmian League win of the season on Tuesday night, securing a 3-1 win at home to Staines Town.

Dan Pett and new signing Patrick Campbell came into the starting line-up and some early pressure from Northwood paid off when Kweku Lucan set up Alex Witham to fire into the bottom corner with just 11 minutes on the clock.

Staines grew into the game and seemed to be posing a little bit of a threat to Northwood, but they managed to ride the wave of pressure enough so that they doubled their lead before the half-time interval. Harry Lodovica got the vital touch as he bundled in a header after 36 minutes.

Woods manager Scott Dash will have been by far the happier of the two bosses at the break, but he won’t have liked the way his side started the second period, allowing Staines back into the game when a deflected effort went beyond the goalkeeper.

However, the hosts got their deserved win in the end and it was wrapped up late on when Liam McChrohan got his head to Charlie Hayford’s free-kick to steer in the third and final goal.

Prior to that win, Northwood’s poor start to the season had continued with a 3-1 defeat at home to Hanwell Town on Saturday.

Andrew Tirivanhu was unlucky to see his header from Hayford’s free-kick come back off the post, and the hosts fell behind shortly after when Gareth Chendlik beat his marker and fired home.

Alex Witham restored parity for Northwood before the break by slotting home a penalty, but just three minutes after the interval Kieran Cathline headed Hanwell back in front.

Tirivanhu was given his marching orders to make it even tougher for the home side, and Harvey Killeen wrapped things up on the breakaway for them.

Northwood’s next assignment sees them go back to Velocity Trophy action, travelling to Bedfont Sports on Tuesday, September 24.

Finally, Bovingdon gained their first Spartan South Midlands League Division Two win of the season courtesy of a 1-0 success away at Totternhoe.

Jamie Eames’ first-half goal was enough to hand them their maiden win and move them up to 11th in the table.