Watford Ladies came from two goals down to earn a draw at home against Yeovil Town Women on Sunday.

A second-half brace from captain Helen Ward cancelled out first-half strikes from Meesha Dudley-Jones and Sarah Wiltshire to give Clinton Lancaster a positive result in his first game as head coach.

He elected to make three changes to the side that beat Hounslow in their previous game, with Nina Wilson returning in goal and both Ocean Rolandsen and Megan Chandler joining her in the first XI.

Early chances for Andrea Carid and Ward almost gave the Hornets a perfect start within the first five minutes, but the former just missed an Emma Beckett cross, while the latter was denied by Bethany-May Howard in the Yeovil net.

The Glovers then took the lead from a counter-attack, with the Hornets applying pressure from a corner.

Dudley-Jones took advantage of a surplus of space behind the Watford back line and beat Wilson with her effort.

The lead was doubled shortly before the half-hour mark, when Wiltshire notched her eighth goal of the season, leaving Watford looking to be in real trouble going in at the break.

However, things looked much better after the restart when Ward created a chance straight from the off.

A strong save from Howard kept her out, but it was something of a warning shot from the skipper, who soon halved the deficit.

Beckett sent in another teasing delivery, this time from a set-piece, and Ward's header floated over the visitors' goalkeeper and into the net.

The score was levelled just five minutes later when Ward glanced in a header at the near post from a Ryah Vyse cross and the Hornets had the momentum to try and win the game.

However, Yeovil stifled the Golden Girls' attack well and prevented any clear cut opportunities from arising until the 90th minute when Chandler's long range effort was kept out by the crossbar.

Before full-time Wiltshire hit the bar at the other end, but a winning goal was not forthcoming for either side, leaving the scores tied.