Oxhey Jets produced a stunning comeback in their Spartan South Midlands Premier Division fixture at Wembley on Saturday to win 4-3.

Jets found themselves 3-0 down at half-time, with two players in the sin bin and with an outfield player set to go in goal for the second half following a head injury to Filip Chalupniczak, but a second-half brace from Reece Cameron as well as Andy Brennan’s finish and Darren Brew’s winner with 15 seconds remaining completed the remarkable turnaround.

Wembley looked as though they were going to run away with the game by half-time as Yassine Femi-Gil and Stephen Ebonine helped them into a three-goal lead.

Jets’ Chalupniczak had already made some good stops to keep the scores down but took a bad hit while making a save. He bravely carried on, but a heavy landing from another diving stop knocked him out completely.

With no substitute keeper of the bench, Jamie Speer donned the gloves for a second half that looked as though it was mostly going to be about damage limitation.

However, with two players still remaining in the sin bin, Brennan was brought down in the area at the start of the second half, allowing Cameron to step up and pull one back from the spot.

As if that wasn’t good enough given the circumstances, Jets took advantage of Wembley briefly going down to 10 men by pulling back a second as Brennan, as he has done a lot in recent weeks, fired in from long range.

Almost instantly, Jets miraculously found themselves level again as Brennan’s tackle allowed him to play into Cameron, and he rifled home from all of 35 yards to somehow make it 3-3.

There’s no doubt that Jets will have settled for a draw after the fight they put up in the first half, but with only 15 seconds of the four additional minutes remaining, Andre Lopes’ cross was flicked into the net at the near post by Brew to cue wild scenes among the players.

The win moves Jets up to seventh in the table, a point behind Harefield United.

Northwood recorded their first league win of the season in the Isthmian League South Central Division, beating fellow strugglers Staines Town 3-1.

The hosts made a quick start to the game and took the lead in the 11th minute as Kweku Lucan played in Alex Witham, who supplied the finish.

Woods managed to make it two before half-time, Harry Lodovica on hand to fire in a rebound after Denzel Gerrar had denied Patrick Campbell.

One of the side’s problems this season has been conceding too many goals, and they were at it again only nine minutes into the second half, allowing Staines to get back into the game when Dara Dada-Anite’s strike took a horrible deflection to fly beyond James Hoskins.

Northwood made the game safe towards the end though, getting their third when Liam McCrohan powered home a header at the far post for his first goal for the club.

Sarratt moved up to fourth in Division Two of the South Midlands League courtesy of a 3-1 success over win-less Totternhoe.

Shaun Powell, Nicholas Reilly and Marcus Rivers found the net for the hosts, who are now unbeaten in four, while Totternhoe’s reply came from Henry Mungwira.

After a dire start to the season, Bovingdon are now unbeaten in three Division Two games after a 2-2 draw against Aston Clinton.

Daniel Taylor struck on 10 minutes for the home side, but they found themselves 2-1 down at the break thanks to Lamar Mason-Williams.

Ryan Dineen proved to be the hero for Bovingdon, popping up to level again on 61 minutes and secure another point to move them into mid-table.

Berkhamsted continued their unbeaten start to the Southern League Division One Central season with a 4-0 win against Didcot Town.

Lewis Toomey scored twice in the first half, one either side of Lee Stobbs’ first goal for the club, and Toomey completed his hat-trick in the second period to seal the points.

The first of the four-goal haul arrived when Toomey fired home from just inside the six-yard box, and Berko doubled their lead while briefly down to 10 men due to an injury and Stobbs fired home.

Toomey bagged another close-range effort before the break, while his third and Berko’s fourth came after good work down the right wing.

Tring Athletic scored 11 goals in two South Midlands Premier Division games this week to maintain their position at the top, beating North Greenford United 6-1 on Tuesday night and Potton United 5-1 on Saturday.

Charncey Dash bagged four for himself on Tuesday against bottom side Greenford, who found a late reply through Marciano Dramani Adu, while Oran Swales’ brace totted it up to six for Tring.

Dash also hit a brace in Saturday’s success over Potton, while Frazer John, Louie Collier and Frankie Hercules helped make it five. Potton’s reply came from Folabo Agunbiade.

Leverstock Green suffered a heavy defeat in the Herts Charity Shield on Tuesday night, losing 5-1 to Hoddesdon Town.

Joss Lillis scored the only goal of the first half to put Hoddesdon 1-0 up the break.

The visitors proceeded to run away with it in the second half as Harrison Cage’s deflected free-kick made it two, Craig Tolley added a third, Isaac Marfo-Jacobs capitalised on a mistake to add the fourth and Liam Mulligan scored number five.

A late own goal was the only reprieve for Green, who went out at the first hurdle.

The side did record their second Premier Division win of the season on Saturday though, beating Biggleswade United 2-1.

Enrique Amador gave Biggleswade an early lead after just five minutes, but Luke Peerless levelled minutes later and Luis Brooker struck what proved to be the winner seven minutes before the interval.

The win moves Green up to 14th in the table, though they are now only three points off eighth.