Kings Langley's FA Cup run came to an end of Saturday when they were beaten 4-1 away from home at Maidstone United in the fourth qualifying round of the competition.

Nearly 150 Kings Langley supporters made the journey to Kent to see if their side could overcome the odds to reach the First Round Proper of the cup for the first time in their history, but in the end the Stones proved too heavy an obstacle for them to overcome.

Second half strikes by Ryan Johnson, Saidou Khan, Noah Chesmain and Jonny Edwards saw the hosts amass a four goal advantage before Roddy Collins gave Kings a consolation from the spot in stoppage time.

While the final scoreline hints at a comfortable afternoon for the hosts, Kings Langley not only went toe-to-toe with the National League side in the opening 45 minutes, but at times looked the better team.

They created the more threatening chances and even had the ball in the net, only for it to be ruled marginally offside.

With just eight minutes on the clock, Mitchell Weiss won the ball in the box and delivered a shot that looked to have given Kings the lead, but somehow Jake Cole got a hand to it at the last moment, while a minute later Harry Crawford’s shot from a partially cleared corner flashed just over the bar.

Maidstone responded with a stinging free kick that was well held by Melvin Minter, before the critical moment that could have seen the story take a different route.

Kings rounded off a flowing move with Weiss slotting the ball through to Crawford who finished in style, only for the referee's assistant to raise his flag and rule out the goal and they had settle for being level at the break.

The visitors looked lively again following the restart and Crawford was presented with another goalscoring chance, but his attempted chip lacked conviction and was easily kept out.

The tide turned in dramatic fashion and Kings found themselves on the back foot for the first time in the game.

Maidstone took the lead from a Chesmain corner, which was nodded home in the area by Johnson.

Within five minutes, the score had been doubled when a cross by Gavin Hoyte was converted by Khan.

Chesmain's free kick from 25 yards made it three but not before a confrontation between Crawford and Maidstone's Ross Marshall saw both men sent for an early bath.

There was still time for both teams to score from the spot, with substitute Edwards on hand for the Stones and Collins stepping up in injury time for Kings.