Hertfordshire FA Senior Cup Second Round

Chorleywood Club might be struggling at the wrong end of the Premier Division in the league, but in the County Cup, they are flying.

After enjoying a good away win in the first round, they came through another tricky tie against Shamrock Rovers, winning a penalty shoot-out 5-4 after a 5-5 draw in normal and extra time.

Chorleywood took the lead in the seventh minute through Clement Asante before the home side scored twice. Asante then got his second of the game on the stroke of half-time to take the sides in level at the break.

The second half saw the home side score twice to take a two-goal lead before Scott Bonner scored with 20 minutes left to pull the score back to 4-3, but it all looked lover when Rovers scored again to make it 5-3 with only five minutes left.

However, within a minute, Tom Shaw halved the lead, and then with virtually the last kick of the game, Matthew Owen scored to complete the comeback and take the tie into extra-time.

This failed to produce a winner, but it was Chorleywood who triumphed in the shoot-out 5-4 and they will now face Skew Bridge for a place in the last eight.

FC Unicorn, who have struggled early on, also had a good morning as they beat Stevenage Athletic 5-3.

Unicorn went ahead early on when debutant Charlie Webster met a through ball and slotted home.

Callum O’Connor quickly made it two with a tidy finish and then Jack Bishop added a third when he tucked home from O’Connor’s good work.

Stevenage grabbed a goal back before the break and then made it 3-2 shortly after half time after a Unicorn lapse in concentration.

Chrishan Casey made it 4-2, however, when he lobbed the keeper from some 40 yards, and Charlie Benning then fired straight down the middle for his first Unicorn goal from the penalty spot after Jack Habbijam was fouled.

Stevenage notched a consolation late on to complete the scoring.

Reed Rangers had a straightforward start to their defence of the Trophy with a 5-1 home win over Potten End.

Potten shocked the home by taking the lead after just six minutes, but that was as good as it got for the visitors.

Nick Kerley equalised midway through the half before Dom David scored a fine solo effort.

Just before half-time, Dan Taylor struck to leave the home side in control and in the second half they added two further goals from Louis Bircham and Andrew Brennan.

Oakview beat Bury Rangers 4-0 away from home, but it did take them until late in the first half to finally break down the home side’s defence when Tom Kennedy got on the end of a Lewis Putman cross.

In the second half, Putman himself scored twice, the first a one-on-one and the second from a well-struck free-kick, with Luke Lloyd rounding off the win with a goal on the rebound.

Old Fullerians scored four goals at home against Karen Pulis FC but were ultimately defeated 8-4.

It was always going to be hard work for the home side after conceding two goals early in the first half, although they never gave up scoring four times, two each for Charlie Hailey and Daniel Woosley.

St Joseph’s went down to a narrow 2-1 away defeat to Thundbridge City, with all the goals coming in the first half.

The home side went ahead thanks to a long-range effort before Robbie Tocher equalised, but the goal which turned out to be the winner coming from a long ball which caught out the defence.

The game between Rifle Volunteer, who reached the quarter-finals last season, and St Albans-based AFC Rangers was abandoned with just four minutes left, with the home leading 3-2, due to a serious injury to Rangers’ Tommy Burns. The outcome of the game will now be decided by Herts FA.

Two goals from Jack Woods put AFC Rangers ahead by the break but a reshuffle from the home side looked to have won the game for them with Josh Helmore scoring twice and one from Ben Goode before the late injury caused the abandonment

Hertfordshire FA Intermediate Cup Second Round

Maple Cross continued their excellent start to the campaign with a 6-0 win over The Markyate Swans.

After missing a host of early chances, Nathan Davis scored to break the deadlock in the first half.

In the second half, the floodgates opened as Charlie Arnett scored with a great strike, which was soon followed by a quick-fire double from Tom Horton.

Goals from Jack Hodgins and Trent Skapetis completed the scoring.

The all-WSL tie saw First Division Cassiobury beat Second Division Victoria, who reached the semi-finals of the Junior Cup last season.

Victoria had the better of the first half but failed to turn possession into goals, and it was Rangers who went ahead against the run of play when a Jamie McDougall throw into Corum Chase was laid off to Taylor Osunsedo, who whipped in a cross which Tom Farwell slid home.

They were able to double their lead early in the second half when a cleared cross was headed back in by Farwell, who returned the favour from his goal by heading onto Osunsedo, who flicked his header into the top right corner.

Everett Rovers’ remarkable County Cup run finally came to end after a 4-1 defeat at Old Pond Athletic.

It all went wrong for Rovers with three players failing to turn up, a sending off and a sin bin and they went in 2-0 down at the break.

The nine men fought hard in the second hard before conceding two late goals.

A late penalty by Josh Squires Adams at least gave them something from the game.

ACS Milan went down 4-0 at home to Bishops Stortford Wanderers.

Premier Division

The only top-flight game saw Tudor Athletic beat Evergreen by a single goal, scored by Wayne Gladdy in the first half.

Division One

Fox & Stone cut Maple Cross’ lead at the top of the table to five points after beating FC Woodside 3-1.

Myles Stephenson gave them the lead before Alex Witham doubled it before the break.

In the second half, Jude Bell scored a fine solo goal before Woodside pulled a goal back through Scott Seamons.

Ardent beat AFC Leavesden 3-1 and Kiefer Shuttleworth was the star man for the visitors as he scored a brace supported by a goal from Craig Clark. Lucas Halligan scored the home side’s reply.

After a slow start, AFC Bedmond are slowly getting to gear as they picked up a second three points of the season with a 3-1 victory over Bushey Rangers.

Sam Hakner scored a brace before Mark O’Connor added a third, with Bushey Rangers pulling a goal late on from a long-range effort from George Davies.

North Watford made it three wins from six games by beating Langleybury CC, who remain second bottom.

The game was won thanks to two early goals from Connor Flanagan and Carlos Alberto.

Dan Mason scored a third before the break while Langlyebury pulled a goal back in the second half through Garry Cook.

Division Two

Bennetts End Rovers made it six straight wins with a 5-1 victory over ER FC.

Josh Burtt notched a hat-trick with Harry Gunnell and Liam Flaherty also on target, while George Minivan scored the ER goal.

Oxhey Spartans lead the chasing pack after a 5-2 win over Croxley.

Jordan Aston-Woods hit a double and was supported by goals from Joe Brown, Michael Orsmand and Jay Jarvis.

Ricky AFC have a second win on the bounce with a good 3-1 away success over Dome Bar.

Steve Quarrington, Ross McGuire and Mitchell Estep were all on target and Steve Noonan hit the Dome Bar reply.

Tom McGuinness scored a hat-trick, plus there were goals for Marc Addelesse and Lewis Bulled as Bushey Sports secured a comfortable 5-0 victory over Chess United.

Division Three

SOCA have five wins from five after beating Batchworth 6-1.

Connor Chapman scored a double with Michael Coffee Harry Chamberlin and Richard McCrossan also on target. Dean Alexander replied for Batchworth.

Skyline are in second after a 4-0 win over Inter which saw Shoaib Ali score a brace and there was a goal each for Dylan Stewart and Jordan Austin.

Sun Sports beat Watford Athletic 6-1 through Dion Belle’s double and singles from Callum Wilson, Ben Dunton, Drew MacFarlane and Aamir Ishaq.

Hertfordshire Eagles beat RBL Croxley 5-2 thanks to Connor Hewitt Coleman scoring twice, an own goal, and strikes from Jordan Osbourne and Harry Deane, while Phil Molloy and Karl Davidson replyed for RBL.

Finally, Curtis Seaward’s goal was enough for Woodside Wanderers to beat White Horse.