It’s been a superb few days for Oxhey Jets in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division as they earned a good point against high-flying Newport Pagnell Town on Saturday before an outstanding win against previously unbeaten Colney Heath on Tuesday evening.

After a tight first-half couldn’t separate Jets and Heath, a 35-yard wondergoal from Nick Kerley proved to be the winner which lifts them to fifth in the table.

At the weekend, Jets held Newport Pagnell to a 0-0 draw in awful conditions. Both sides battled well throughout the 90 minutes, but they couldn’t be separated at the Boundary Stadium.

A game of few chances ended in bizarre fashion as Jets’ Harry Beaumont was shown a second yellow card by the referee even though he believed he hadn’t even received a first caution.

Northwood were without a league fixture at the weekend, which gave newly appointed manager Jamie Leacock more time to work with his new players ahead of a busy month. Wood, who currently sit bottom of Isthmian League South Central Division, are scheduled to play eight games in November.

Leacock’s side did play in a friendly against Beaconsfield Town on Monday night, coming out 3-1 winners through goals from Louis Bircham, Harry Lodovica and a trialist.

Bovingdon claimed just their second league win this season with a comfortable 3-0 win against MK Gallacticos on Saturday afternoon.

The Greens opened the scoring in the first half with a strike from the edge of the box that found its way into the bottom left corner.

They doubled their lead midway through the second half when a cutback from the right was fired in.

Ben Baldwin added the third when he rounded the keeper and calmly slotted home.

A much-needed victory lifts Bovingdon up to 11th in Spartan South Midlands Division Two.

Sarratt are still searching for their first away league win after falling to a 3-1 defeat at Unite MK on Saturday.

The hosts took a ninth minute lead when defender John Coleman charged through the Sarratt defence unchallenged and neatly slotted past the goalkeeper.

Sarratt responded quickly and levelled when Marcus Rivers notched his fifth goal of the month. The in-form forward finished well after his initial shot had been thwarted by the MK goalkeeper.

The visitors did improve after the break but were hit by a sucker punch on the hour when Jamie Parker picked out the top corner with a free-kick from 20 yards.

Sarratt pushed for an equaliser, but MK were ultimately the more clinical team, and sealed the three points when substitute Jesse Horn converted from close range with his first touch of the game.

Defeat means that Unite MK leapfrog Sarratt in Division Two, with both sides sitting ninth and 10th respectively.