Northwood remain rooted to the bottom of the Isthmian League South Central after a disappointing 3-0 home defeat against Chipstead on Saturday.

Harry Lodovica was inches away from giving Wood an early lead, but his powerful strike was tipped onto the crossbar by Chips keeper Oliver Pain.

That proved to be a crucial save as Chipstead broke quickly and grabbed a 10th minute lead when Sam Bell arrived at the far post to finish past Joe Ringer.

The visitors proceeded to dominate the rest of the half and were unfortunate not to be two or three up at the break. Michak Stanic-Stewart fired an effort just wide of the post and Kyen Nicholas struck the bar after a scramble in the Northwood area.

Chipstead continued to control the match after the break and finally doubled their lead in the 55th minute. Ringer was spotted out of position and Tim Collins seized the opportunity to convert the simple chance.

Defeat was confirmed for Northwood 20 minutes from time after Nicholas dribbled through the home defence and slotted calmly past Ringer.

Wood failed to manufacture any real chances in the second period and slumped to their fifth straight league defeat.

There was brighter news for Northwood on Tuesday as they ran out 1-0 winners at home to Uxbridge in the Velocity Trophy.

The hosts netted the only goal of the game in the 19th minute when Charlie Hayford’s corner was tapped in by Ethan Flanagan.

Wood had chances to kill the game in the second half but were thankful to keeper Joe Ringer that the game wasn’t decided by a penalty shootout.

Deep into stoppage time, the referee awarded a penalty to Uxbridge after a foul from Wood in the area. Callum Bunting stepped up however Ringer guessed correctly to earn his side the victory.

Oxhey Jets were knocked out of the Herts Senior Challenge Cup in the first round after penalty shootout defeat at Potters Bar Town on Tuesday night.

Both sides had chances to win the game in the 90 minutes. Jets struck the bar as well as missing an open goal and the Scholars had strikes hit both the bar and post, but the tie finished level.

Potters Bar held their nerve and ended 4-2 victors in the shootout.

Berkhamsted hit the top of the Southern League Division One Central and remain unbeaten as they produced a comfortable 5-0 win against Biggleswade.

The Comrades had to wait until the 30th minute to make their early dominance pay through Josh Chamberlain’s close-range finish after Jonathan Lacey’s mazy run.

Lacey then scored himself with a half-volley which flew past the Biggleswade goalkeeper just after half-time.

Top scorer Lewis Toomey netted the third, following in from Ryan Kinnane’s effort with a quarter of an hour left.

Kinnane wasn’t to be denied when he converted at the back post from a corner and Lee Stobbs made it five late on in one of Berkhamsted’s best performances of the season.

It was a case of a lack of clinical finishing as Tring Athletic lost 3-2 at Harpenden Town in the South Midlands Premier Division in a match they largely dominated.

After controlling most of the first half without finishing their chances, Tring fell behind before the interval through a George Robinson back post header.

Harpenden doubled their lead five minutes after half time when Chris Blunden was unmarked and converted from a pinpoint cross.

Luke Dunstan got one back for the visitors, but they conceded again within minutes of the restart courtesy of Harvey Scott.

Max Mitchell handed Tring another lifeline, scoring with five minutes left but Harpenden held on for the three points.

Athletic were back to winning ways on Tuesday in the Herts Senior Challenge Cup first round with a 3-0 home win against Hoddesdon Town.

The hosts started quickly, taking a third minute lead through Mitchell in a tight first half.

Tring had to wait until late in the game to wrap up the victory. In the final minute of the 90, Frazer John pounced on a loose ball in the box to slot home and substitute Terry Dixon wrapped up the win in the 94th minute, scoring at the second attempt following a save from the keeper.

Leverstock Green are up to 10th with an impressive 3-0 away win over Baldock Town.

Having survived a few early scares, Green were awarded a penalty when Adiel Mannion was bundled over by goalkeeper Adam Harpur and Jack Stevens converted from the spot.

The visitors grabbed their second on the stroke of half time. John Smith’s strike was parried by Harpur and Louie Griffiths fired the rebound across goal Frankie Jowle finished from close range.

Green added a third in the 67th minute as Jamie Ovington’s through ball was latched onto by Griffiths who fired the ball past Harpur, and the victory was secured.

Leverstock Green continued their good run of form by advancing into the second round of the Herts Senior Challenge Cup with a 2-0 win at Harpenden Town.

John Smith and Frankie Jowle were on the scoresheet either side of half time to set up a tie with either Hitchin Town or Welwyn Garden City.

It’s now two league wins on the spin for Bovingdon who climbed to sixth in Spartan South Midlands Division Two with a resounding 7-0 win at winless The 61 FC.

Jamie Eames grabbed himself a hat-trick, with the other goals coming from George Loosely (2), Daniel Taylor and Joe Welton.

Sarratt are through to the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy third round after a narrow 2-1 home win against Belstone.

The visitors took a 10th minute lead when a long-range effort zipped past keeper Liam Studley.

Sarratt found an equaliser on the hour mark from a Marcus Rivers penalty after a handball in the box.

Richard Vercesi won the game for the hosts when he calmly tucked the ball in from the edge of the area.

Finally, Berkhamsted Raiders claimed the spoils in a 5-3 thriller against Aston Clinton, with Raiders leapfrogging their opponents into third place in Division Two.

The hero of the day was Abraham Eze, who netted four goals for his side and Jay Caines notched the other in a crucial win for Raiders.