Northwood have enjoyed an impressive week as they won back-to-back league games to climb off the bottom of the Isthmian League South Central table.

The Woods travelled to Ashford Town for a proverbial relegation six-pointer on Saturday, coming out 3-1 winners through goals from Harry Lodovica, a Scott Weight own goal and Eric Lopes.

Lodovica gave the visitors the perfect start after Mack Miskin’s cross found the forward, who swivelled and shot past Town keeper Sam Mason.

Woods were on top until they suffered a double injury blow to their defence when left-back Miskin and central defender Liam McCrohan were both forced off.

Ashford capitalised on the defensive problems as Gabriel Piorkowski brought down Thomas Brunton in the box and Kevin Adjei converted the penalty.

Woods soon adjusted though, regaining their lead before half-time when Tyrone Pink’s drilled cross was turned into his own net by Weight.

Victory was secured for Northwood when Lodovica turned provider for Lopes, who lashed home into the roof of the net on the hour mark.

Jamie Leacock's side followed up Saturday’s victory with a late comeback win at home to Uxbridge on Tuesday.

Lodovica continued his good form with the opener in the 23rd minute following a cross into the box from Luke Holness.

The lead barely lasted a minute after Woods keeper Joe Ringer misjudged a cross and Mark Bitmead finished into an empty net.

Lodovica had a great chance to score his second when he went through one-on-one with the Uxbridge keeper, however Tyler Tobin denied him with a point-blank save.

Woods would live to regret their missed chances as the visitors went in front before half-time through former Northwood striker Mahlondo Martin’s close range effort.

After the break, Uxbridge looked relatively comfortable and had multiple opportunities to put the game to bed but failed to take them.

The hosts stayed in the match and were awarded a penalty for handball six minutes from time which Charlie Hayford converted.

Northwood snatched the three points in the 89th minute courtesy of Holness’ strike from the edge of the box to lift his side up to 17th in the table.

Oxhey Jets have had a less successful week, drawing 0-0 at home to Broadfields on Saturday and followed by a 4-2 loss against Harefield United in the South Midlands Premier Division on Tuesday night.

Jets struggled to carve out any meaningful chances against Broadfields in a hard-fought contest.

It was, however, another strong defensive display which saw them keep their third consecutive home clean sheet in the league.

That impressive defensive record for Jets was to end on Tuesday as Harefield struck four in a deserved win for the away side.

Nick Kerley put Jets in front early on but Lenny Farhall and Richard Paquette gave United a half-time lead.

The hosts equalised at the start of the second half, however Sean Mangham and Tash Jordan were both on target for Harefield to seal the victory for the visitors.

Berkhamsted remained top of Southern League Division One Central with a 3-1 home win against struggling St Neots Town on Saturday.

The Comrades’ biggest crowd of the season were treated to two superb first-half goals from the home side.

First, Jonathan Lacey controlled a long ball from Ryan Kinnane and crossed for top scorer Lewis Toomey who finished to give Berkhamsted an early lead.

Their lead was doubled in the 36th minute when Josh Chamberlain put in a teasing ball for Lacey and his shot struck the post before rolling over the line.

St Neots pulled a goal back before the break after a stunning overhead kick from Prince Mutswunguma.

The visitors were pushing for an equaliser but were reduced to 10 men when Johnny Butler chopped down Ben Spaul with a nasty-looking challenge.

The Comrades wrapped up the win in stoppage time after Lacey crossed for Toomey who tapped in his 21st goal of the season.

On Tuesday, Berkhamsted began their defence of the St Mary’s Cup with a 9-3 demolition of Chipperfield Corinthians as both new signing Max Hercules and Ashley Morrissey grabbed hat-tricks.

Fellow new arrival Alex Witham was also on the scoresheet, along with Lee Stobbs and teenage substitute Jack Wood.

Tring Athletic have now lost two league games on the bounce, going down 2-1 at home to Leighton Town in a real smash-and-grab win for the away side in the South Midlands Premier Division.

League leaders Tring started on the front foot, with Max Mitchell having the first chance of the game which went straight at Dan Benney in the Town goal.

Against the run of play, Town went ahead in the 15th minute through Danny Webb, who ran through on goal and chipped the ball over Tring keeper Charlie Mann.

The hosts pushed for an equaliser and with 25 minutes on the clock, defender Jay Lowell headed a free-kick against the bar.

Athletic were finally back on level terms just before the break when some neat build-up play found Mitchell free in the box. His first attempt was saved by Benney but Mitchell was quickest to the loose ball and tapped in the rebound.

Tring continued to dominate the game after half-time but were hit by a sucker punch on the hour mark when Webb lashed home his second with a stunning free-kick from 25 yards.

Kieran Turner, Frazer John and Phillip Lowen all had chances for Athletic in the second half but they couldn’t find a way past the impressive Benney and Leighton snatched all three points.

Athletic bounced back on Wednesday night though, to progress in the Premier Division Cup with a 4-0 victory over fellow high-flyers Newport Pagnell Town.

Lowen got the hosts off to the ideal start when he fired home the opener inside the first 10 minutes, and the advantage was doubled on the half-hour when Luke Dunstan prodded in from a corner.

Athletic remained on the front foot after the break and Daniel Ferrigno curled in a third goal from the edge of the area seven minutes after the restart.

The scoring was completed eight minutes from time when new signing Marcus Mealing capped an eye-catching debut by converting a penalty to secure a home quarter-final against Biggleswade United.

Leverstock Green suffered a disappointing 3-0 home defeat against Colney Heath on Saturday and ended the match with nine men.

Heath broke the deadlock in the first half through Jon Clements, who scored his second just after the break.

George Devine netted the third with 10 minutes left before both Cass Grant and Christopher Gosling were shown red cards late on.

Bovingdon were knocked out of the South Midlands Division Two Cup after a 2-1 home loss against Totternhoe.

The Greens took the lead in the second half when Kieran Shepherd’s free-kick was flicked in at the near post.

However, Totternhoe turned the game on its head in the final 15 minutes through goals from Lala Dem and Archie Taylor to send their side into the next round.

Sarratt also crashed out of the Division Two Cup with a 3-0 defeat at Old Bradwell United.

Goals from Tommy Cooke, Ben Green and Jamie Cox earned United a comfortable victory.

Berkhamsted Raiders are through to the next round of the competition following a narrow 3-2 win against Buckingham United.

A double from Ryan McMahon and another from Scott Bullock sealed Raiders a route into the second round.