Northwood suffered a disastrous second-half performance as they were on the end of a 6-1 hammering at home to Hertford Town in the Isthmian South Central Division on Saturday.

Harry Lodovica put Northwood ahead in a lead they held going into half-time.

However, a hat-trick from Luke Gymer and further goals from Ben Herd, Isaac Pedro and Percy Kiangebeni saw Northwood ship six second-half goals without reply.

After back-to-back victories earlier in the week, defeat resulted in Hertford leapfrogging their opponents in the table, with the Woods falling to 18th.

After a slow start to the game, the home side grabbed a fortunate lead as a hoofed clearance found Lodovica in space and his poked effort trickled into the net.

Hertford looked for a swift response and Kiangebeni almost levelled when he fired a shot at goal from the edge of the box but keeper Joe Ringer tipped his effort around the post.

The Woods should have been two up at half-time after Luke Holness was played through on goal but he was closed down well by the Hertford keeper who was able to keep him out.

The visitors were quick out of the blocks after the break and were level just minutes into the half as right-back Herd hit a rasping long-range strike into the top corner, leaving Ringer with no chance.

Moments later, Northwood were behind when Gymer notched his first of the afternoon by making some space on the edge of the area and stroking the ball beyond Ringer.

Northwood didn’t know what had hit them and they never recovered, conceding a third on the hour after Herd beat his man on the right and squared for Pedro to tap home.

Hertford had a fourth in the 69th minute when Gymer was left unmarked in the area to dispatch a driven cross from the right.

Confusion in the home side's defence led to Hertford’s fifth as Kiangebeni waltzed through unchallenged to slot home.

Northwood’s afternoon was compounded in added time when Gymer completed his hat-trick.

Oxhey Jets climbed to sixth in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division with a narrow 1-0 win against Eynesbury Rovers on Tuesday night.

Reece Cameron was the hero for Jets as he netted the winner in the first half.

The visitors had a golden chance to earn a point but missed a penalty in a tight encounter as Jets move above Eynesbury in the table.

Berkhamsted have been knocked off of the top spot in the Southern League Division One Central after a 3-2 defeat at Corby Town on Saturday.

The Comrades started well but failed to finish their chances, with Jonathan Lacey and Lewis Toomey both squandering opportunities early on.

Corby made them pay and went ahead in the 27th minute when defender Charlie Wise was quickest to the loose ball in the box to head home the opener.

The hosts came close to a second minutes later as Callum Westwood cut in from the right and saw his effort strike the post before James Ireland’s follow-up was cleared off the line by Ryan Kinnane.

Their lead was eventually doubled in the next attack when Joe Burgess was played through on goal and he finished past Xavi Comas Leon from just inside the box.

Berkhamsted kept pushing and halved the deficit before the break after Will Summerfield’s corner was headed in at the back post by Steven Hatch.

The visitors pressed for an equaliser and deservedly levelled after the break as Matt Cooper exchanged a one-two pass before shooting low past the Corby keeper.

With the match in the balance and both sides in search of a winner, it was the home team who struck the fatal blow through substitute Ryan Robbins’ strike as the Comrades failed to clear a corner.

Corby have now climbed above Berkhamsted in the table, condemning their opponents to their first league defeat of the season.

Leverstock Green netted a late winner in their 2-1 home victory against winless North Greenford United in the South Midlands Premier on Saturday.

The league strugglers took a surprise lead midway through the first half when Conor Molyneaux found space in the box and drilled past Green’s stand-in keeper Frankie Jowle after Matt Fallon was injured in the warm-up.

The hosts were not behind for long though, levelling the match after Kai Stonnell’s long throw fell to Louie Griffiths and he rifled in off the underside of the crossbar.

Conditions worsened in the second period, with both sides struggling to mount any real pressure on their opponents’ goal.

As the game seemed destined to end in a draw, Adiel Mannion headed in Zak Howells’ cross in the 88th minute to snatch the win for Green.

Bovingdon fell to a 2-0 home defeat to Tring Corinthians in South Midlands Division Two on Saturday.

Goals either side of half-time from Aliba Lando and Nathan Randall clinched the victory for Corinthians.

Also in Division Two, Sarratt earned themselves a point in a 1-1 draw at New Bradwell St Peter.

Harry Loakes opened the scoring for the visitors but George Sofroni levelled for Bradwell with 10 minutes remaining.