It has been a miserable few days for Northwood after they were knocked out of the Middlesex Charity Cup on Tuesday and thrashed in the league at the weekend.

A team mostly made up of squad players and trialists took to the field against Hayes & Yeading United on Tuesday but could not prevent a 4-0 defeat.

Toby Little put Hayes in front after eight minutes and that was how it stayed until the break.

Gabriel Piorkowski then doubled the lead just after the hour, and two late goals from Ogo Obi and Omar Rowe sealed the visitors’ passage into round three.

Things were not any better for Woods at the weekend as they lost 4-1 away at Bedfont Sports in the Isthmian League South Central Division.

Ezekiel Bademosi headed home a right-wing cross on 11 minutes to open the scoring and put Bedfont in front, and a similar move resulted in their second after 36 minutes, Bademosi again providing the finish.

Lucas Sinclair put the game out of Northwood’s sight six minutes into the second half by heading home a corner, and he doubled his tally four minutes later following a quick break.

Northwood pulled a goal back almost instantly as Tyrone Pink headed in his first goal for the club, but that was as good as it got and they were left empty handed.

Oxhey Jets lost for the second consecutive game in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division as they went down 2-1 away at Aylesbury Vale Dynamos.

Aylesbury opened the scoring after just three minutes as some awful defending from a corner allowed Ben Gill to head in at the near post.

Jets, though, were on top for most of the half and levelled through a stunning long-range drive from Carlos Simao.

Sloppiness was to cost the visitors again, though. They were caught out on the break and it was Gill who applied the finish to double his tally.

Jets had to make a number of changes and fitness was an issue for them in the second half as many of those on the pitch fizzled out, leaving the score at 2-1 as the referee brought the game to a close.

Sarratt moved above Unite MK in the Division Two table after an excellent 4-1 win away at Mursley United.

Harry Loakes scored twice while there were also goals for Marcus Rivers and Christopher White. Nathan Hawkins got the Mursley goal.

Bovingdon, meanwhile, have lost just once in their last three league games but were held to a goalless draw by second bottom Buckingham United.

Berkhamsted suffered a disappointing 1-0 defeat to lowly Yaxley in the Southern League Division One South on Saturday.

Dan Cotton scored the only goal of the game to give the hosts their first league win in almost a month.

Xavi Comas Leon got accustomed to the plastic pitch at Yaxley early on with a couple of routine saves, while at the other end home stopper Aaron Butcher kept out both Josh Chamberlain and Lewis Toomey.

After a goalless first half, Jonathan Lacey had Berko’s first opportunity of the second but lobbed his shot over, while substitute Will Summerfield had an effort tipped over by Butcher.

Yaxley were having chances of their own, though, and Cotton was unlucky to see his touch cleared off the line by Ryan Kinnane while Ross Watson wasted a glorious chance by blasting wide.

The game’s first turning point came when Lacey was sent through on goal but was clattered by the onrushing Butcher. The home goalkeeper was sent off and outfield player Dalton Beccles donned the gloves, blocking a pair of Toomey free kicks with his first saves.

Despite having 10 men, it was Yaxley who then took the lead as Cotton’s shot from the edge of the area took a deflection and went past Comas.

Berko resorted to a three-man defence to try and go more attacking late on, but it came to nothing.

Berkhamsted Raiders, meanwhile, lost a Division Two match for the first time since October 12 after they were defeated 2-0 at league leader Pitstone & Ivinghoe.

Jervon Campbell and Kieran Doughty did the job for the hosts, leaving Raiders now five points off the summit.

Finally, second met third in the Premier Division as Tring Athletic pulled away from Newport Pagnell Town in the table with a 2-0 away win.

Tring still trail leader Colney Heath by a point but there is now a significant six-point gap between themselves and Pagnell, with Athletic still having a game in hand.

The away side were greeted with a hostile atmosphere at Willen Road but dealt with it well, something that couldn’t be said for the home side, who were reduced to 10 men on the pitch and had a member of their management team sent off in the 35th minute.

While goalless at the break, it had been a fairly dominant display from Tring and that continued in the second half.

Tommy Fletcher dealt with the free-scoring Jimmy Burnside well and, on the hour, the away side were awarded a penalty when Marcus Mealing was sent tumbling in the area.

Max Mitchell stepped up and sent a wonderful spot-kick into the top corner to put his side in front.

Tring then doubled their lead shortly after to kill off the game, Michael Toner battering in from distance with five minutes to go.

Newport almost managed to bag a consolation, but a last-ditch save from Charlie Mann helped him to keep a clean sheet.