Herts Sunday Senior Cup Quarter-Final

Oakview have reached the last four for the second successive season after beating Skew Bridge 5-2, the team that dominated this competition with five straight wins between 2013/14 and 2017/18.

The victory means that if Reed Rangers win their own quarter-final on Sunday against Allenburys, the team they beat in last season’s final, it will once again be an all Watford semi-final.

The first half was an even affair but Oakview made the breakthrough five minutes before the interval when Lewis Putman broke clear and rolled the ball under the on-coming keeper.

Lee Armitt doubled the lead early in the second half with a strike from the edge of the area after an Adam Lowton corner broke to him.

Lowton himself made it three with a 20-yard effort, and with Skew pushing forward they were caught on the counter-attack as Armitt netted his second of the game.

With nothing left to lose, Skew pushed forward in numbers and scored twice in quick succession, but Putman confirmed the victory with a free-kick from a narrow angle.

Premier Division

Rifle Volunteer beat Tudor Athletic 3-0 and prevented them from taking over at the top of the table.

The win was only the home side’s third of the season so far and has pushed them into fifth place in the table.

After a goalless first half in which both sides had chances and Rifle had to survive for 10 minutes with a player in the sin bin, Volunteer won the game after the break.

First, some neat passing led to Ishi Ehui slotting home a one-on-one. A second goal soon followed when skipper Gary Ellington volleyed home a cross.

Tudor then had two players sent to the sin bin during which the result was put beyond doubt when Elliot Wilson sprinted clear through to fire home.

Evergreen kept up their own title challenge with a 2-1 win over Old Fullerians.

A fast start from Evergreen was rewarded as they raced into a two-goal lead early in the first half.

The opener came following a failed corner clearance and the ball was played into the box where Tom Verbena turned and laid it back for Ant Benvenga to slot home.

Then a move down the left saw a swift one-two between Al Jokiel and Ben Phillips which released the latter and he got to the byline to pull the ball back for Ben Adams to score from 12 yards.

Ryan Woosley got one back for Fullers in the second half when Evergreen failed to deal with a corner.

Chorleywood Club ended FC Unicorn’s good run of form with a 3-1 win and gave thems a four-point cushion at the bottom of the table.

Clement Asante opened the scoring after 15 minutes and Robbie Martin increased the lead five minutes before the break.

The second half saw both teams reduced to 10 players each before Chorleywood increased their lead through Andrew Rockett with 15 minutes left.

Callum O'Connor netted the Unicorn consolation late on.

Division One

Cassiobury Rangers inflicted a first league defeat of the season on Maple Cross with a 5-2 win.

Rangers went ahead when Taylor Osunsedo played Joe Mortimer through on goal and he was able to slot home under the keeper.

Cross responded when a whipped cross came in from the left and Jon Burch sent a header into his own net.

Rangers took control of the game in the second half though, and regained the lead when Rob Ladmore beat a man on the left wing and pulled the ball back from the byline for Joe Mortimer to get his second by firing into roof of the net from 12 yards.

A similar move led to the third, but this time Corum Chase went down the right wing to cross for Conor Callanan to convert from close range.

The game was put out of sight when Joe Mortimer got his hat-trick; his brother Sam moved the ball out of the middle to the left-hand side of the box where Joe controlled well before firing home.

Joe Mortimer wasn't done there though, turning provider by putting Chase through to round the keeper and make it 5-1.

Tom Horton converted a late penalty for Cross after Matt Ladmore had committed a foul in the area.

AFC Bedmond won their big relegation clash with FC Woodside 2-1.

Callum Hailey gave Woodside the lead on the stroke of half-time, but the home side responded with a second-half comeback.

Mauro Urgo struck the equaliser, finishing off a team passing move by firing into the bottom corner, and the turnaround was completed when Sam Hakner volleyed in a cross from Jordan Toomey to earn Bedmond a much-needed third league win of the season.

AFC Leavesden moved into fourth place in the table with a 2-0 away victory over Langleybury CC.

Jack Carter headed in a cross from Alex Diaz to open the scoring in the first half.

Carter then won a penalty late on in the game and Terry Piper converted the spot-kick to secure the win.

Division Two

It’s all change in the third tier after former runaway leaders Bennetts End Rovers had 12 points deducted for playing an ineligible player during four wins in September and October.

The deduction has sent them down the table to fifth place, with The Victoria the new leaders.

It didn’t get any better for Rovers on Sunday when their game against Croxley was abandoned due to player misconduct, which will be investigated by Herts FA.

Ricky AFC have hit a rich vein of form and, helped by the Bennetts End points deduction, are now in second place in the table after beating Bushey Sports Club 4-1.

Alex Ungureanu, Shane Kitts, John Gyabaah and Ebenezer Essiam scored, with Rob Gradwell replying for Bushey.

Nathan Pooley netted a brace and Chris Dunn once as Dome Bar beat ACS Milan 3-0.

Junior Cup Quarter-Finals

White Horse and RBL Croxley drew 3-3 after extra-time, before the home side won through 5-3 on penalties.

Elliot Greig, James Redfearn and Craig Putman scored for White Horse, with Karl Davidson, Will Keddy and Luke Gusterson on target for their opponents.

Horse will be joined in the last four by SOCA who beat Hertfordshire Eagles 3-0 thanks to goals from Dillon Chamberlin, Tyler Conner and Leandro Robero netting.

Woodside Wanderers are also into the semi-finals after beating Skyline 3-1.

Aarron Crawford, David Flannery, Marcelo Souza got the Wanderers goals and Hamid Khan netted Skyline’s reply.