Herts Sunday Senior Cup Quarter-Final

Holders Reed Rangers made it through to the last four after beating Allenburys in a repeat of last season’s final.

This time they had to do it the hard way, producing a dramatic comeback from 2-0 down with only ten minutes left to win 4-2 after extra-time to set up an all-Watford Sunday League semi-final against Oakview.

After an even first 30 minutes, it was the visitors who opened the scoring via a deflected long-range effort.

The start of the second half saw Reed pressing forward, but they were caught on the counter-attack and the opportunity was superbly finished, leaving Rangers' hold on the trophy increasingly fragile.

Reed gave themselves a chance when Bradley Sweeney scored with ten minutes remaining, but their time looked to be up with four minutes of injury-time played, only for stand-in left-back Nick Kerley to push forward and grab a last-gasp equaliser.

The blow of being pegged back at the death seemed to knock the fight out of Allenburys and the game swung in their opponents’ favour in the extra 30 minutes.

Rangers were made to wait until the second period to go ahead for the first time in the tie when Kingsley Eshuns was tripped in the area after a mazy run and Louis Bircham converted the resultant penalty.

Four minutes later the comeback was complete when Sweeney scored his second with a tidy finish to keep the holders on track to retain the trophy.

Herts Sunday Junior Cup Quarter-Final

The league’s last remaining team in the competition, Watford Athletic, fell at the last-eight stage with a 2-0 away defeat to Landrovers.

Ken Simmons Memorial Cup Round One

The two highest ranked sides in the competition, First Division Bushey Rangers and Langleybury, made it through and will will now face other in the quarter-final after both winning away at teams from lower tiers.

Steve Dowling’s goal after 30 minutes set Rangers on their way to a 3-1 victory at Second Division Chess United, with Tyrone Tomlin quickly doubling the lead five minutes later.

Bushey twice struck the crossbar after the break before adding a third through Johnny Vasey with 17 minutes left.

Will Bennett scored the goal Chess’ second-half performance deserved two minutes later but it was not enough to change the outcome of the tie.

Langleybury went one goal better in beating Third Division Hertfordshire Eagles 4-1.

After a goalless first half in which Eagles missed a golden chance to take the lead, the First Division team’s ability took after the break, with two well-taken strikes from Matt Honey and Josh Connolly-Griffin supported by goals from Oliver Ilott and Garry Cook. Connor Hewitt-Coleman netted the Eagles’ consolation.

The two all-Third Division games both resulted in 2-1 victories.

Inter had Chris Stead and Phil Rodgers on target as they knocked out White Horse who replied through Charlie Vos.

RBL Croxley overcame Skyline thanks to Callum Hearn’s brace, with the division’s top scorer Shoaib Ali taking his tally for the season to 17 league and cup goals.

Ricky AFC beat ERFC in the all-Second Division clash 5-2 thanks to a brace apiece from Alex Ungureanu and Jordan Allen and a further effort from Ebenezer Essiam. Joe Samson got both ER goals.

The tie between Bennetts End Rovers and SOCA was abandoned with three minutes left due to player misconduct and will now be subject to a Herts FA investigation.

Premier Division

Leaders Oakview made it eight wins out of eight with a 3-0 home victory over old rivals St Josephs.

Joes, who are in a relegation fight for a second successive season, gave a good account of themselves in the first half and had the better chances but failed to take them.

Lewis Putman made them pay after the break by scoring a hat-trick.

The first was a free-kick from 25 yards out, the second followed from the penalty spot before he wrapped up the victory with a simple tap in from a Glen O’Malley cross.

Evergreen kept up their title challenge after a 5-1 win over Rifle Volunteer was effectively tied up by the interval thanks to five first-half goals.

The first came when Sam Robins sent a 30-yard ball through to Kyle Rimmer who lobbed the advancing keeper.

The lead was doubled after a swift counter-attack released Ben Adams on the right and his cross was met at the far post by the sliding Steve Wilson.

Evergreen’s third was route one as Ben Adams headed on a goal kick from Luke Simpson for Sam Robins to nip in and slot home.

Adams made it 4-0 when he picked the ball up on the left, cut inside and fired into the top corner, and the fifth arrived courtesy of a 30-yard free-kick from captain Ant Benvenga.

Rifle, who had been on a good run of form going into the game, pulled one back after the break from a Chris Coleman penalty.

FC Unicorn gained a fourth win of the season with a 5-0 victory over second-bottom Old Fullerians.

Unicorn started well and Jamie Calvin opening the scoring after Danny Warwick’s pass was met by the player-manager who cut inside and slotted into the bottom corner.

Calvin turned provider shortly after when he beat a defender before cutting back for Matt Coultham to fire home.

Coultham quickly added his second and it was 4-0 before the break when Sheldon Berkeley’s ball over the top was latched onto by Calvin who found the bottom corner to double his tally.

Warwick completed the emphatic win with 15 minutes remaining when he combined with Calvin before firing across the keeper and into the net.

Chorleywood Club gained their third victory of the campaign after a 2-1 triumph over Tudor Athletic all but ended their title hopes.

James Hocking gave Athletic the lead in the first half, but Clement Asante equalised five minutes before half-time and he netted the winner in the last minute of the contest.

Division One

It was a good morning for leaders Everett Rovers who narrowly defeated Cassiobury Rangers 2-1 whilst nearest challengers Maple Cross were held 2-2 by fourth-placed AFC Leavesden.

Cassiobury went ahead when Sam Mortimer’s free-kick was misjudged by Everett keeper Ryan Peach, but Rangers levelled just before the break with a free-kick of their own as Reece Cameron’s effort went in off the far post.

Everett sealed the points after the interval thanks to Jason Puzey’s first goal of the season when he headed home from close range.

Cross’ draw with Leavesden now means they lie five points behind Everett after playing the same number of games.

All the goals came in the second half, with Jack Carter opening the scoring for Leavesden after being played in by Tom Bourke.

Maple Cross soon equalised thanks to a 20-yard free-kick from Tom Horton.

Leavesden then went ahead for a second time when Lucas Halligan scored with a smart turn and shot, but once again they couldn’t hold onto the lead and with a minute left Jack Hodgins headed home the equaliser.

Third-placed Fox & Stone are still in the promotion mix after they beat AFC Bedmond 4-1.

Fox took the lead after ten minutes when Matt Elgey finished following a through ball from Bradley Thompson, only for Gavin Rajendren to level soon after when he was left unmarked in the six-yard box to head home.

Following numerous missed chances Fox finally took the lead again before half-time when Tim Wilson scored with a volley from around 25 yards.

The second half was poor quality from both sides but Wilson, who was the standout player, confidently slotted home his second and third goals to complete his treble.

At the tenth time of asking West Herts have a first point of the season after a 3-3 draw with mid-table North Watford.

Conor Flanagan gave Watford the lead with a net lob before Jason Topping equalised, but just before the break Flanagan netted his second to restore the advantage.

The Stags started the second half on the front foot and a smart finish from Tiago Campos levelled the scores only for their opponents to go ahead for a third time thanks to a Karl Brown goal.

But it was end all-out attack from West Herts thereafter and they secured a point with two minutes remaining when Topping scored his second.

Division Two

Michael Wood’s goal for The Victoria was enough to give his team victory over fourth-placed Oxhey Spartans and put them top of the table.

Third-placed Dome Bar lost ground at the summit as they were held to a 3-3 draw by Bushey Sports Club.

Dan Branch, Joe Da Silva and Rob Gradwell scored for Bushey, but their opponents secured the point through Chris Dunn’s brace and a Ben Kelly goal.

ACS Milan won the big relegation clash with Croxley with a 3-0 win through Scott Monaghan’s brace and a Matt Gibsone effort.

Division Three

Leaders Sun Sports’ 6-1 away win over Woodside Wanderers looks, barring a dramatic loss of form, to have all but sealed the divisional title.

They now hold a 14-point lead over second-placed Skyline with just five league games left.

Sun took control of the game from the off and were rewarded with two early goals, both scored by Ben Dunton and assisted by Daniel Moss.

The first was a strike into the bottom corner after a quick one-two, while Dunton’s second was a tap into an empty net after Moss ran through the Woodside defence.

Woodside managed to pull one back before the break through Edgar Ferreira, but it in the second half it was one-way traffic towards the Wanderers goal.

Hamze Ali capitalised on a keeper error and played it across goal for Dion Belle to make no mistake, Bilal Akram netted the fourth directly from a corner and Shakeb Ali made it five after he was put through on goal by Akram.

Ali then returned the favour for Akram who latched onto a defence-splitting through ball to complete the victory.