George Harvey scored a stunning last minute try as Fullerians became the first team this season to beat London 2 North West table-toppers London Welsh.

The runaway leaders had previously won 13 games out of 13 this season and were comfortable 45-15 winners last time out against Fullers back in October.

However, cancelling out Harvey’s converted first-half try and one of their own as well as a penalty, their celebrations were cut shorts when Fullers’ match winner broke through the covering defence and went over the line with the last play of the match.

Over 300 Welsh supporters were in attendance, making for a great atmosphere, but they were treated to a valiant display from the home side.

From the first scrum, Fullers were straight at it and rightfully earned a penalty which was kicked into the corner before coming to nothing.

On 20 minutes, though, the ball was picked up by Harvey from a five-metre scrum and he crashed over the line with three defenders in his way. Dan Evans added the extras from wide out to put the home side 7-0 in front.

Welsh came roaring back at Fullers and were putting them under waves and waves of pressure, but they hosts stood strong and Mike Kerr in particular was able to halt any momentum that the away side were building.

Despite Welsh’s bounce back, Fullers could and should have had more in the first half, but the breakdown of a lineout saw a golden chance go begging.

Welsh continued to try and build pressure but excellent kicking from Luke Jacobs throughout relieved the hosts.

The heart and desire continued from the home side in the second half, but they gifted Welsh a chance to get back into it when they were penalised for offside and they duly obliged, dispatching to make it 7-3.

With just over five minutes to go, it looked as though Fullers hearts were going to be broken and Welsh were going to continue their astonishing 100 per cent campaign.

A lovely move out wide saw them beat the Fullers defence and even though the try on its own would have been enough to edge them ahead, the extras from the conversion made it a more difficult task for the hosts in the closing stages.

They rose to it magnificently though, and after a Welsh knock on straight from the restart, Jacobs’ kick was perfect.

The ball was scooped up by Fullers who went through the phases and eventually Harvey was on hand to break through Welsh’s covering defenders to win the game in the final seconds.

After the game, Fullerians head coach Gavin Jakeman said: “We were outstanding today and could have scored more but didn’t take our opportunities in the first half. Welsh came back at us in the second half but to score in the dying minutes to win the game was a very special moment which every Fullerian enjoyed. We need to keep this momentum going when we play away at Grasshoppers next Saturday.”

The win leaves Fullers fifth in the table, level of 41 points with sixth-placed Hemel Hempstead ahead of this Saturday’s game away at Isleworth-based Grasshoppers, which kicks off at 2.30pm.