Northwood ended a dismal run of 12 straight defeats in all competitions on Tuesday night with a 1-0 home win against Marlow.

The win moves Woods off the bottom of the Isthmian League South Central Division, with Staines Town replacing them at the foot of the table.

Romario Hart scored the only goal of the game just after the half hour mark, heading in from Eric Lopes’ cross, while the defence stood firm to record Northwood’s first home clean sheet in the league since March 2019.

Hart was also on the scoresheet on Saturday but could not prevent his side from slipping to a 2-1 defeat at home to league leaders Ware.

The forward’s penalty put Woods into an unlikely lead in the top-v-bottom clash, but second-half goals from Liam Hope and Gareth Madden gave the visitors the points.

Manager Robert Ursell named three of his four new signings in Dave Thomas, Luke Jones and Radu Stefanoaica in the line-up, while Excellence Muhemba was on the bench.

Northwood looked the most likely to score throughout the entirety of the first half, but they had to wait until the 50th minute to take the lead when Hart was bundled over in the box and scored the subsequent penalty.

Ware finally woke up after that incident and they were awarded a spot-kick of their own on 73 minutes after a Jaden Sharman foul, and Hope levelled from the spot.

Five minutes later, the turnaround was complete when Madden was left unmarked at a corner to head home, condemning Woods to defeat.

Oxhey Jets picked up an impressive seven points in their spell of three games in five days, culminating with a 3-0 win over the Spartan Premier Division’s bottom side, London Colney, on Tuesday.

Andrew Brennan’s first-half goal put Jets in front against the league strugglers before Sean Giordmaina and Nick Kerley completed a comfortable win in the final 15 minutes.

Saturday’s game saw Jets play out a goalless draw at home to Crawley Green.

Andre Lopes had the only effort of note in the first half which brought an excellent save from the visiting goalkeeper.

In the second period, Kerley came close to breaking the deadlock but his shot rolled agonisingly across goal.

Matty Evans was forced to pull off two excellent saves towards the end to prevent a smash and grab from Green, but a draw was the fair result in a fairly drab contest.

Jets’ three-game streak started last Thursday in their rearranged match against Broadfields United, which was played on the 3G surface at Rayners Lane.

It proved to be another comfortable win for the side as second-half goals from Brennan, Lopes and Reece Cameron secured the points.

Berkhamsted recorded an excellent away win at Cheshunt on Tuesday night to reach the final of the Herts Charity Cup.

The Ambers play a division above the Comrades in the Isthmian League Premier Division but goals from Lee Stobbs and Lewis Toomey set up a meeting with either Hemel Hempstead Town or Royston Town on March 10.

Stobbs put Berko in front when the ball broke to him on the edge of the area before firing home, and Toomey doubled the advantage when he was felled in the area, slotting home the resulting penalty.

Wealdstone loanee Reece Beccles-Richards pulled one back for Cheshunt but Berko managed to hold on in the closing stages.

The Comrades were replaced at the top of the Southern League Central Division on Saturday after a 2-2 draw at Bedworth United, with Halesowen Town jumping up to top spot.

Liam Truslove volleyed Bedworth into the lead but Berko were level within three minutes when Josh Chamberlain flicked home Jonathan Lacey’s free-kick.

The visitors when in front before half-time when Oladimeji Olajubu notched his first for the club, but Truslove ensured the points would be shared when he lobbed Berko keeper Xavi Comas-Leon from 20 yards.

Tring Athletic lost out in the battle of the top two in the Spartan Premier Division on Saturday, falling to a 3-2 loss at Colney Heath.

Defeat sees Heath pull eight points clear at the top of the table, while third-placed Biggleswade United moved level on points with Tring.

Chris Blunden put Colney in front when a quick free-kick was played down the right, and he finished off a low delivery into the centre.

Two minutes before the break, though, Athletic pulled level when Prince Nimoh played the ball through for Joe Naylor, and he finished past former Tring keeper Connor Sansom.

Spencer Clarke-Mardel restored Colney’s advantage after the break when he finished a cross from the left, but Naylor netted for the second time to pull Tring level again, heading home from Wes Iroegbu’s corner.

Tring opted to go for the win rather than settling for the draw, and that saw them caught out towards the end as Clarke-Mardel notched his second of the afternoon to hand all three points to the hosts.

A first-half goal was all that separated Leverstock Green and Newport Pagnell Town at Pancake Lane on Saturday.

Josh Crawley scored the decisive goal after 33 minutes to secure the win for the away side.

Berkhamsted Raiders thrashed struggling Unite MK 10-1 in Division Two at the weekend.

Thomas Shaw bagged a hat-trick while substitute Ben Wootton scored a brace, and there were single goals for Joel Boffah, Scott Bullock, Jay Caines, Cedric Ibarra and Kevin Duncan-Williams.

Marcus Rivers scored twice in Sarratt’s 2-2 draw at home to Codicote, where Alfie Warman was on target twice for the visitors.

The win leaves them level on points with both Tring Corinthians and New Bradwell St Peter.

Finally, Bovingdon ended a run of six Division Two games without success as they won 2-1 away at Tring Corinthians.

Michael Ogboro and Harry Seabrook were on target for the away side while Yvesilin Eugene netted the only goal for the hosts.