Fullerians missed the chance to go above Hampstead in the London 2 North West table after surrendering a nine-point lead in a narrow 22-21 defeat.

Curtis Woodham twice went over for visiting Fullers, while Dominic Toon also went over and conversions were added by Dan Evans.

A quiet opening to the game meant the only action was a missed penalty for the home side, while the wind played havoc to both sides’ plans as handling errors were rife throughout.

Hampstead, though, took the lead on 18 minutes when their attacker dashed through the Fullers defence and the conversion followed.

Despite plenty of attempts, Fullers were struggling to get out of their half and with Hampstead still benefitting, in some sense, from the wind, they crossed again six minutes later to add another five points.

As the half drew to a close Fullers began to have more luck in their pursuit to move up the pitch, and they got off the mark before the break when Woodham picked up George Harvey’s offload and sped away from the home defence before crossing under the posts. Evans’ conversion ensured it was 12-7 at the break.

Fullers flew out of the blocks in the second half and quick thinking from Ben Matchett saw his dart through the Hampstead defence before offloading for Toon to put the visitors in the lead, with the aid of the extras from Evans.

Hampstead bounced back 10 minutes later with some strong play down the left that allowed them to score in the corner, but Woodham soon restored the lead for Fullers with his second of the day when he touched down.

The home side did not lie down though, and with 12 minutes to go they managed to find the winning try. With the conversion way off the mark, they edged the game by way of a single point.

Defeat leaves Fullers seventh in the table ahead of their home game against Chiswick this weekend.

Meanwhile, Tabard recorded back-to-back wins in London 3 North West after beating 13-man Old Merchant Taylors’ 26-17.

Jonny Aguila ‘s hat-trick was added to by Jamie Hancock late on, while Jack Reilly added three conversions to complete the bonus-point win.

With Taylors’ only able to field 13 players from the off, Tabard took advantage by gaining the lead on eight minutes when George Gough fired in a perfect pass for Aguila to run onto and score in the corner.

The visitors responded with a penalty but Tabard soon pulled further away when the ball was played out to Anguila from a quick penalty and he crossed for his second while Reilly’s extras made it 12-3.

Taylor’s produced another response in the second half to make it 12-10 but the pairing of Aguila and Reilly did the business again to add another seven points.

Hancock then paired up with Reilly to add the fourth try, meaning a late seven-pointer from Taylors’ did nothing to change the outcome.

Next up for Tabard is a trip to Finchley this Saturday.