Herts Sunday Senior Cup Semi-Final

Oakview are through to the final of the Herts Senior Cup for only the third time in their history after they won their eagerly-awaited semi-final against holders Reed Rangers, who had denied them at the same stage last season, 3-2.

This last-four clash was a far more open affair then last year’s encounter, which ended 0-0 after extra-time, and it was Oakview who went ahead after 15 minutes when Lewis Putman was fouled in the penalty area and he stepped up to convert the resulting spot-kick.

Oakview doubled the lead ten minutes before the break when Jack Waldren scored direct from a corner.

Reed were determined not to let their county cup crown go without a fight and they hit back when Kingsley Eshun lobbed home from a tight angle two minutes into the second half.

Then after a period of pressure Rangers drew level from the second penalty of the match when Louis Bircham converted after Andrew Brennan’s run into the area had been ended by a foul.

Reed seemed to be on top, but with the game heading towards extra-time former Rangers player Chris Blunden came back to haunt his former team when he fired into the top corner following a Luke Lloyd flick-on.

Oakview now face St Albans-based AFC London Road in the final on Sunday, March 29 at Letchworth with a 2.30pm kick-off.

Eric Hand Challenge Cup Quarter-Final

Evergreen won the all-Premier Division affair with Old Fullerians 5-0 to reach the last four.

Despite dominating the first half all Evergreen had to show for their efforts was a goal from Ben Adams after he scored with a smart turn and finish.

Old Fullerians spurned a golden chance to equalise at the start of the second half when they saw a penalty saved by Luke Simpson. This let-off seemed to inspire Evergreen and they took control of the game.

Their second goal finally arrived when a cross wasn’t cleared and right-back Brogan Townsend smacked a volley from 20 yards into the top corner. Then a poor back pass was intercepted by Aleks Jokiel to nip in and round the keeper for the third.

The fourth soon followed when a break down the left released Ryan O'Sullivan who beat the onrushing keeper to the ball, and he completed the scoring with a curling effort from 18 yards.

Denis Jackson Intermediate Cup Quarter-Finals

ACS Milan beat Croxley 2-1 after a battling display.

Matt Gibsone and Tom Harris scored the goals, with Ruben Gomes netting the Croxley reply.

The other outstanding tie was far more straightforward as Bushey Sports Club beat ER FC 5-1.

Tom McGuinness and Rob Gradwell both netted braces for the victors and Dale Jenkins got their other goal. Aaron Robinson scored ER’s consolation.

Division One

Maple Cross took over at the summit of the table after a 1-0 win over Bushey Rangers.

Both sides did their best to cancel each other out until the only game came 20 minutes into the second half when Dean Brownsell dinked the ball over the top of the Bushey defence for Jack Hodgins to slot home.

Everett Rovers’ game against Cassiobury Rangers was abandoned with 15 minutes left due to a serious injury to one of their players, with Rovers' unbeaten record under serious threat as they trailed 2-0 following two Joe Mortimer goals in the first half.

Fox & Stone are also still firmly in the title hunt as well after they easily beat Langleybury CC 5-0.

Josh Taylor got the scoring underway after 15 minutes when he headed home a Josh Noyes cross. The provider turned scorer five minutes later by finishing into an empty net.

It quickly became four before half-time when Tim Wilson scored from the edge of the box via a deflection and then Alex Witham ran through to coolly slot home.

The only goal in the second half proved to be the best of the game as Purav Patel cut in from the left and curled into the far corner from 20 yards.

Bottom-placed West Herts gained a fifth point of the season after a 3-3 draw with Ardent who had to play the whole game with just ten men.

Jason Topping gave the Stags an early lead, Ardent equalised midway through the first half thanks to a fine solo goal from Ross Parsons before an Anthony Gilbert free-kick from around 25 yards restored the advantage just before the break.

In the second half Ardent struck with two quick-fire goals from Craig Clark and Mark Woodhouse, but West Herts grabbed the equaliser when Aaron Eager scored after a cross hadn’t been cleared.

A header from Conner Flanagan 20 minutes from time following good work from Chris Chase and Ben Hiney was enough for North Watford to beat AFC Bedmond.

Division Two

Oxhey Spartans won the big clash with Ricky AFC as they moved above their opponents with a 4-2 victory and level on points with leaders The Victoria.

Fernando Reis scored a brace, with Robert Da Silva and Jordan Aston-Woods also on target. John Gyabaah got both of the Ricky goals.

Division Three

Sun Sports have all but clinched the Third Division title after a 3-1 win over Inter, a 15th straight victory in the league.

For Sun to lose the title it would require them to lose both of their final two games, SOCA to win all their remaining seven matches and overturn a goal difference which currently stands at 44 in the leaders’ favour.

Inter, who lost the first game between the two sides earlier in the season 10-0, seemed determined to avenge that result and went ahead after 10 minutes through a deflected free-kick from James Oldham.

They held onto that lead until 15 minutes from the end when Hamze Ali finally broke through Inter’s determined defence.

Sun kicked on after equalising and went in front when Shakeb Ali headed in a corner before Aamer Ishaq raced through a tiring defence to confirm the three points.

SOCA did all they could to continue their chase of Sun with a 4-1 win over White Horse.

Bradley Bridges, Leandro Mateus, Jake Howell and Frank Kuster secured the win, with Charlie Vos notching the White Horse reply.

Skyline, who had looked to be Sun’s main title rivals for so long, suffered a second straight defeat, this time going down 3-1 to in-form Batchworth.

Mikel Walsh, Callum Neal and Alex Hollis were on target for Batchworth, while Fizzy Ahmed got Skyline’s consolation.

RBL Croxley secured a second straight win with a 4-2 victory over Watford Athletic who remain at the foot of the table.

A Ross Benton brace was not enough to prevent RBL taking all three points thanks to goals from Darren O'Brien, Karl Davidson, Harry Donohoe and Phil Molloy.

Hertfordshire Eagles edged a seven-goal thriller with Woodside Wanderers 4-3.

They had to do it the hard way, coming back from 3-1 down with only a quarter-of-an-hour to go, with Charlie Kimpton scoring his second of the game with two minutes left to complete the fightback.

Jordan Osbourne netted Eagles’ other two goals after Raf Junior-Martins, Curtis Seaward and own goal had put Woodside in the driving seat.