Oxhey Jets joined the race for second place in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division after a 2-0 win against the spot’s current occupiers, Tring Athletic.

Jets may still be 12 points shy of Tring, but with two games in hand and a good spell of form going their way, there’s an outside chance Jets could make a run for second place.

Sean Giordmaina was at the centre of it all for the home side on Saturday, putting Jets in front early on before wrapping the points up in the final 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, Tring’s form since the new management team took over continues to falter, with this being the side’s fourth straight loss.

Jets came flying out of the blocks and took the lead after just four minutes, albeit fortuitously. Nick Kerley’s effort from the edge of the box was well saved, but the ball looped high up into the air and when it came down, Giordmaina was waiting on the line to tap it home.

The home side retained most of the possession during the first half but were being put to work by a young Tring side who battled well on the difficult surface.

Giordmaina could have had his second before half-time when a wonderful ball into the box found him unmarked, but his header bounced off the underside of the crossbar.

Tring had a strong period of possession after the break but found Jets on the top of their game defensively.

That rigidness at the back was the foundation of their second half performance, but there was also time to grab a second goal too as a pin-point ball from Kerley found Giordmaina and his shot just squeezed in after the keeper got a heavy touch.

The result leaves Jets fifth in the table, while Tring stay second.

Athletic did break their losing run on Tuesday night, though, with a 1-0 win at home to struggling Wembley.

Stephen Ebonine scored the only goal of the game in the first half to seal Tring’s first win since February 8.

The former Wembley striker capitalised on a dropped ball by the visiting goalkeeper to score his first goal for the club 10 minutes before the break.

Tring had the best of the opportunities in the second half too, but Gareth Terblanche’s effort was well saved and Ollie Butler and Les Barkers-Obua got in each other’s way to miss a header at the far post.

Adiel Manion struck a stoppage time winner for Leverstock Green away to league leaders Colney Heath to get them back to winning ways in the league.

Green’s last success in the Spartan League came back at the end of January at Potton United, with two cups wins the only they could celebrate in the time between.

Jamie Ovington brought a good save out of Connor Sansom with Leverstock’s first real chance of the game.

The visitors had a penalty shout early in the second half when Jamie Hall’s cross struck a defender on the hand, but the referee deemed that it was outside the box and nothing came from the free-kick.

Green came even closer minutes later when a deep cross towards Ollie Lawford was thudded against the bar by the forward.

With the game seemingly petering out for a draw, Green forged one last chance and it gave them the goal they sought. Sansom’s studs got caught in the turf has he came out to collect a ball back to him, and Mannion took advantage to nip in and roll the ball home.

Sarratt’s first Division Two game of the month ended with a 3-2 win away at Tring Corinthians.

Zamar Beckford, Christopher White and Marcus Rivers were on target for Sarratt, while Ben Smith and Yvesellin Eugene replied for Tring.

Finally, Bovingdon secured back-to-back wins after a 4-1 win at Aston Clinton, where Charlie Jackson, George Loosely, Michael Ogboro and Loiue Potton netted.