Premier Division

FC Unicorn caused a major Watford Sunday League upset as they inflicted a first league defeat on Oakview on the pitch since April 2017 by beating them 1-0.

The loss was only the fourth the champions have suffered on the pitch since the start of the 2013/4 season, and it will give hope to the rest of the division that they are no longer seemingly unbeatable.

Unicorn went with a game plan and carried it out to perfection as they hassled and harried Oakview high up the pitch and out of their normal rhythm.

It paid off after 20 minutes when Callum O’Connor and Jack Bishop hurried the Oakview keeper into a rushed kick but it was met by the oncoming Louis McNamara who lifted the ball first time into an empty net from more than 40 yards out.

The second half saw the Unicorn defence continue to frustrate several Oakview attacks, limiting them to only half chances.

Oakview's final chance came with a free-kick deep into added-on time but the opposition wall held firm to secure a famous victory.

Oakview’s defeat means St Josephs head the table after two straight wins after they beat Old Fullerians 4-0.

Joes held a single goal advantage at the break after a stop-start first half thanks to an effort scored directly from a corner by Hugo Figueiredo.

The second half saw a much-improved performance from St Josephs.

They doubled the lead soon after the restart when a one-two was smashed home by Alex Ward.

A third followed shortly after when another passing move was converted by Robbie Tocher. Harry Seabrook rounded off the scoring late on.

Sun Sports Athletic are up and running following a narrow 1-0 home win over a Fox & Hounds side who have now suffered back-to-back defeats in their opening two games in the top flight.

The only game of the game came in the opening five minutes when a cross from the right with diverted home by Mike Varcoe.

The rest of the game saw a mixture of poor finishing and good goalkeeping from both sides which meant the outcome was decided by that early goal.

Division One

North Watford and AFC Leavesden are the two sides with a maximum six points.

North Watford beat Maple Cross 3-0 after Karl Brown had opened the scoring with a long-range strike.

Ashley Lewis added a second early in the second half before Penny sealed the win with a third late on.

AFC Leavesden had an impressive 5-1 away win over Railway Arms, helped by scoring four unanswered goals in the first half.

A Tom Bourke cross found Jack Carter who bundled in from close range for the first.

Carter then got the second when he dispossessed a defender to slot the ball beyond the keeper.

Lucas Halligan made it three with a strike from just outside the penalty area, but it was Tom Bourke who scored the pick of the goals with a free-kick from around 25 yards that beat the keeper at his near post.

Carter completed his hat-trick in the second half with a header from another Bourke free-kick, while Railway’s consolation came through Todd Armstrong.

Cassiobury Rangers came from behind to beat Langleybury CC 5-2.

Bury went in front when Connor Sills converted a cross at the back post, but the whole complexion of the game changed just before the break when Cassiobury equalised. Sam Mortimer, on the left, found Conor Callanan on the edge of the box, his shot was saved but the ball fell into the path of Corum Chase to smash home from close range.

Cassiobury went ahead 20 minutes into the second half when a Sam Mortimer corner was met at the back post by Jon Burch.

However, Langleybury responded almost immediately with a free-kick from halfway that was flicked on into the path of Finley Reid who finished past the on-rushing keeper.

With the game heading into the last ten minutes Cassiobury stepped up to seal the win, scoring three times in quick succession.

The first came when a Joe Ainsworth cross from the right was picked up by Joe Mortimer at the back post, he in turn laid the ball off for Sam Mortimer, who struck a shot beyond the keeper from 18 yards out.

Joe Mortimer saw a free-kick well saved by the keeper, but it fell to Chase to score with a tidy finish from an acute angle.

Chase then completed his hat-trick when Sam Mortimer knocked the ball onto him and he opened up his body and struck a left-footed effort that left the keeper helpless as the ball sailed over him to complete the win.

Bushey Rangers and AFC Bedmond shared the points in a 1-1 draw.

Bedmond had the better of the first half but they found Rangers keeper Gary Brindley in fine form to deny them.

Steve Dowling opened the scoring for Bushey five minutes before the break when he converted a cross from the right with a shot from the edge of the box.

Bedmond levelled on the hour mark thanks to a penalty from Jordan Toomey.

Division Two

The only fixture in this division between two related sides, West Herts and FC Woodside, saw the visitors edge proceedings 3-2.

Harry Beaumont scored a double and Dale Dresh netted the other, while Tiago Campos and Callum Hearn got the West Herts goals.

Division Three

Sparta Phoenix are off on running with a first three points after a 5-1 home win over Inter, who suffered a second straight heavy defeat.

Elliot Greig scored a hat-trick with Craig Putman and Karim Gregory also finding the net. Alfie Jones netted the sole reply for Inter.

Eric Hand Challenge Cup Round One

It was a morning for goals in this competition as 62 were scored in just nine ties, an average of almost seven a game, including five own goals.

Ricky AFC, the only First Division side in the round, needed extra-time to finally overcome Second Division FC Metropolitan Herts 3-1.

After a goalless first half, Ricky went ahead when Alex Ungureanu latched on to a long free-kick.

That goal looked like being the winner until the home side snatched a late equaliser when Rob Gradwell bundled the ball home after a ricochet fell into his path.

The home side had an early goal ruled in extra-time before Ricky finally took charge of the game, scoring two goals on the counter attack from Catalin Pirtache to seal the win.

The other game to go to extra-time was the all-Third Division tie between Hertfordshire Eagles and King George.

Goals for Eagles’ Charlie Kimpton, Dillon Sullivan and Dan Linfield, and Darren O'Brien, Aaron Crawford and an own goal for King George took the game into the additional 30 minutes.

It was Eagles who ultimately prevailed 5-3 thanks to two further goals from Kimpton to complete his hat-trick.

Chess United won the all-Second Division tie with ACS Milan, putting four unanswered goals past them.

Dan Anderson scored a brace and there was a goal each for Matt Latchman and Andre Lynch.

The ‘Woodside Derby’ saw Watford Town beat Woodside Wanderers 4-2.

Town went ahead in the first half thanks to goals from Louis Smith and Ryan Emmanuel, only for Woodside to draw level after Laurence Brown netted a brace.

Town sealed the win after the break thanks to a further goal from Smith and one from Farren Seamon.

Chalfont Saints’ first competitive game saw them beat fellow near boys South Herts 5-2, Niall O'Shea scoring twice with Aidan Brennan, Will Jones and Joe Monahan also on target.

Marcos Junior Lima and an own goal replied for their opponents.

Second Division Skyline were given a massive fright by Third Division Watford Athletic as the lower ranked side went into an early two-goal lead before Skyline came back to win 5-3.

Bilal Akram netted twice for the victors with Jordan Austin, Laurence Manning and an own goal also on target. Liam Crain got both Athletic goals.

The other three Second Division sides in first round action all scored seven goals at home.

WD beat Frances George 7-2 thanks to Dion Belle double and singles from Ben Dunton, Jake Twomey, Hamze Ali, Daniel Moss and Usman Ali scoring for WD. Dexter Franklin-Beck got both George goals.

Dome Bar won by the same scoreline against Watford Sports, Matt Byrne netting four times, Joe Manfredini twice and one from Ben Kelly. A Zak McNicholas strike an and an own goal were Sports’ only reward.

St Marys Harefield put seven unanswered goals past Batchworth in the 'Middlesex derby' thanks to a Karl Swan hat-trick, two-goal James O'Donovan and a goal each for Harry Fullbroke and Luke Bentley.