Premier Division

Sun Sports Athletic took over at the top of the table following a 2-0 win over Rifle Volunteer in what looks to be the most open top-flight title race in years.

Athletic moved to the summit as Oakview, who have won the title for the last seven seasons, suffered a second defeat of this campaign, 2-0 to Everett Rovers Reed.

Rifle, who gave two players a debut as well as playing a bold three up front formation, were to pay for two defensive errors in the first half.

Midway through an even opening period, a headed defensive clearance from Tobias Baker fell to the feet of Grant Avis who struck home into the bottom corner.

Sun doubled their lead soon after when a long ball over the top allowed Wayne Gladdy to race through and score.

Rifle struck the woodwork after the break but couldn’t find a way through the well-organised Sun defence.

Everett, playing only their second game of the season, made it wins from two with their win over Oakview.

Rovers took the lead in the first half through Meshach Williams.

Oakview had a penalty appeal waved away in the second period before Reece Cameron sealed the victory with a right-footed strike five minutes from time.

Watford Observer:

Meshach Williams scored Everett's opener. Photo: Len Kerswill

Evergreen are in second place, between Sun and Everett, after a 2-0 win over St Josephs.

Following a goalless first 45 minutes, which was in part due to the fine form of St Josephs’ goalkeeper Charlie Patmore, Evergreen finally broke through at the start of the second half through Sam Robins. Tom Verbena sealed the points in the last minute.

Old Fullerians gained a second win of the season with a 2-1 win over FC Unicorn.

Fullerians went ahead on the stroke of half-time when a Craig Totton free-kick was met by Chris Munroe who converted off the underside of the bar.

After a period of sustained pressure, Unicorn equalised in the second half when Callum O’Connor’s cut back to the edge the area fell to Jamie Calvin and he took a touch and curled the ball into the top left corner.

Both sides were creating chances, but it was Fullerians who got the decisive goal when a Munroe cross from the right was met by Totton who guided the ball in from close range.

Watford Observer:

Oakview's keeper punches clear. Photo: Len Kerswill

The other team in the division on six points are Chorleywood Club who defeated Fox & Stone 2-1 to leave them still without a win as they were again beaten by a single goal margin.

Chorleywood took the lead after just five minutes through Michael East with a glancing header from a Tom Shaw cross.

Fox equalised early in the second half through Matt Elgey before Tom Shaw netted what proved to be the winner.

Division One

North Watford look the side to beat so far after they notched a fourth straight win, this time with a 3-1 success over Ricky AFC.

The victors triumphed thanks in large part to two goals either side of half-time from Chris Chase.

Mitchell Estep scored with a low drive to bring Ricky back into the game, but good work down the right allowed Conor Flanagan to tap in.

Ricky then missed a late penalty to end their hopes of a fightback and extend their opponents’ excellent start to the season.

Cassiobury Rangers are in second place with three wins from four games following a 2-0 victory over Railway Arms who remain bottom of the table with three defeats from three.

Railway arguably had the better of the first half but were unable to carve out much in the way of clear-cut chances.

It took until the second period for Cassiobury to take up the running and they took the lead when a Sam Mortimer corner was met by Aidan Lesslie, whose header came back off the cross bar and fell to Jon Burch and he leapt the highest to knock the ball beyond the keeper.

Rangers sealed the win when good work down the right lead saw Joe Mortimer turn his defender, his shot from the edge of the box was only parried out as far as the alert Corum Chase and he tapped in from three yards.

Bushey Rangers beat Oxhey Spartans 3-2 as they moved into third place.

Spartans got off to the best possible start after six minutes when a defensive mix saw the ball break into the path of George Dalling and he netted in the bottom left-hand corner.

The game was then end to end but with Bushey slowly gaining control of the midfield. They levelled on the half hour when some good work down the left by Matt Goodman saw him pull the ball back for Scott Pugsley who arrived late to slot the ball home.

Goodman gave Bushey the lead 20 minutes into the second half when he picked up the ball on the left and, from the edge of the box, curled a shot into the top right-hand corner of the net.

That goal boosted Bushey’s confidence and 12 minutes from time Goodman scored his second of the game when he turned the ball into the net from close range.

Spartans pulled a goal back five minutes from time thanks to a free-kick from Jamie Moran.

Watford Observer:

More action from Everett's victory against Oakview. Photo: Len Kerswill

Langleybury CC are up and running with a first three points of the season following a surprise 2-1 win over AFC Leavesden.

Kyle Clifford’s header looked to have won all three points for Leavesden, but they paid the price for falling to take several other excellent chances as their opponents scored twice in the final ten minutes.

The first came when a corner was flicked on by Greg Cook for Dan Chitty to tap home at the back post.

Then, in the last action of the game, Langleybury broke on the counter-attack and a long ball was challenged for in the air by Connor Sills and after a scramble it fell to Josh Spinks to slot home.

Maple Cross are putting their bad start to the season behind them following a second straight win, this time a 4-0 victory over AFC Bedmond.

Bedmond saw an early penalty saved by Cross keeper Brandon Scott and he went on to make a string of fine stops to keep the game goalless before Cross went ahead ten minutes before the break through Jack Hodgins after an assist by Adam Cadmore

Glenn O’Malley doubled the lead in the second period before Luke Hancock made it three, and on the stroke of full-time O’Malley completed his brace.

Watford Observer:

Tyler Conor nets his first goal for SOCA. Photo: Dave Moxon

Division Two

SOCA are the leaders with three wins from three but they had to do it the hard way, coming back from a goal down at the break to beat Chess United 4-2.

Tate Stone had given Chess the lead in the first half but they were hit by three SOCA goals early in the second half.

Chess did net a second through Alfie Hewetson before their opponents sealed the win late on.

Tyler Connor and Leandro Mateus both netted a brace each for SOCA.

St Marys Harefield are in second in the table after a comfortable 5-1 win over Dome Bar thanks to a Karl Swan hat-trick and single strikes from James Peake and Harry Fullbroke. Matt Byrne scored for the home side.

WD beat FC Woodside 2-1 in a hard-fought game through a goal apiece from Ben Dunton and Ryan Fisken. Dale Dresh replied for Woodside.

FC Metropolitan Herts saw off West Herts 3-0 through a Tom McGuinness brace and one for Alec Morgan, whilst a single goal from Tom Ford was enough for ER to beat ACS Milan.

Division Three

Watford Town are the new team at the top of the table after a 1-0 win over Sparta Phoenix was secured by Shaun Moody.

Hertfordshire Eagles dropped points for the first time this season following a 1-1 draw with South Herts who got their first point of the campaign on the board.

Ed Rodgers’ goal looked to have won Eagles all three points before Junior Lima equalised with a late free-kick.

Watford Athletic also dropped points for the first time following a 2-2 draw against Woodside Wanderers.

Connor Powell gave Woodside the lead before a Tom Coleman effort and an own goal put Athletic in front, but David Flannery equalised late on.

Chalfont Saints won 5-2 for the second week running, this time against Frances George.

Owen Clements was on target twice and there was a goal each for Will Jones, Aidan Brennan and Niall O'Shea. Brett Beaumont and Ashley Cox replied for George.

Watford Sports have their first win of the season after a 2-1 success against King George.

Alex Clarke and Jake Millman secured the three points, with Phil Molloy getting the George reply.

Batchworth and Inter drew 1-1 after Owen Page and Alfie Jones had scored for their respective sides.