Premier Division

Fox and Stone’s season is finally up and running after they secured their first victory of the campaign with a 3-0 triumph over FC Unicorn.

After losing all three of their opening matches by just a single goal, they gained their first three points in the top flight following promotion with a strong performance.

Following an even opening half-an-hour, Fox took the lead through Matt Elgey when he headed home a corner at the back post.

The Stone defence continued to hold firm after the break, helped by fine performances from centre-backs Laurence Burch and Callum Murch, but they had to wait until the last five minutes to establish daylight when Dan Burton struck home from 20 yards out.

The victory was sealed thanks to penalty converted by Jude Ball after a solo run from Matt Sharkey was ended by a foul in the area.

Division One

With leaders North Watford’s game falling foul of the heavy rain, Cassiobury Rangers moved level on points at the top thanks to a fourth win in five games, beating Ricky AFC 3-2.

Cassiobury took the lead when Jon Burch was fouled just outside the penalty area. Aidan Lesslie took the resulting free-kick and struck it right and low into the bottom corner to give his side the lead.

Another set piece doubled their advantage. A Sam Mortimer corner was swung into the six-yard box, Taylor Osunsedo won the header and the ball fell to Jack Henley, who bundled home.

Ricky pulled themselves back into the game with a stunning free-kick of their own from around 40 yards out by Mitchell Estep which flew straight into the top right corner, giving the keeper no chance.

The second half saw few clear-cut chances for either side, but once again it was a free-kick which brought the game back to life when Sam Mortimer was fouled around 35 yards out. Corum Chase took his tally for the season to eight goals in five matches when he his effort crashed in off the crossbar.

Ricky scored a second late on when Scott Reeves crossed for Nick Nolan to head home, but despite heavy pressure from the home side the Cassiobury defence held firm to carry on their impressive start to the season.

Maple Cross are up into third place as they continue to recover from their awful start to the season with a hard-fought 2-1 victory over a Railway Arms side who are still looking for their first point of the campaign.

Cross went ahead in the first half thanks to a classic route one goal when a long kick by the keeper was met by the head of Andrew Pryor.

Railway levelled after the break from the penalty spot through Daniel Bourne after James Farrell had been tripped.

Cross’ winner arrived in the last ten minutes when a free-kick was headed home by Jack Hodgins.

Bushey Rangers and Oxhey Spartans drew 2-2 in their second meeting in a week.

Rangers opened the scoring in the 13th minute with a long-range strike from Ollie Salawi which curled into the top corner.

Spartans equalised ten minutes later after the ball broke loose in the box for Shane Perrin to score.

They then went ahead five minutes into the second half when a mix up in the Bushey defence allowed Jordan Aston-Woods to convert with a well-taken effort into the bottom corner.

The rest of the game was end to end before Bushey equalised with ten minutes left when Craig Gorrie chased what looked like a lost cause but he ended up turning the ball into the net from an acute angle.

Division Two

It was a frustrating morning for Chess United who suffered a 3-2 home defeat to Dome Bar.

Chess went ahead early on thanks to a goal from Ali Shale.

But their opponents responded with three first-half goals, with Steve Noonan scoring twice and Chris Dunn once.

Shale scored his second of the game after the break to halve the deficit and they went on to create plenty of chances, but Dome held on for their second win of the season.

Terry Deveruex President’s Cup Round One

Oakview gained a measure of revenge for their 2-0 league defeat to Everett Rovers Reed seven days previously with a victory by the same scoreline in the first round of the league cup.

Oakview went ahead five minutes before the break when Tom Kennedy scored at the near post after a breakaway counter-attack.

They should have won by a larger margin but were denied by two fine saves from Ryan Peach, but they finally added a second late on when Chris Blunden set up Lewis Putman to round the keeper and slot home.

Denis Jackson Intermediate Cup Round One

It was a case of goals galore in the opening round of the Intermediate Cup with 44 scored in just five ties.

Second Division South Herts and First Division St Marys Harefield shared ten goals between them after their tie ended 5-5, but St Marys advanced by scoring three unanswered goal in extra-time.

Karl Swan scored four times for St Marys, with Charlie Malin also netting a hat-trick and Harry Fullbroke scoring the other.

Junior Lima scored his own hat-trick for South Herts, with Sam Payne and Luke Jerome notching the others.

A week after drawing 1-1 in a league game with Inter, Batchworth had a far more fruitful morning this time around with a 7-0 victory.

They started brightly and were rewarded for their energetic opening when Alex Hollis thumped a 20-yarder into the top right-hand corner having been set up by Hugh Phillipps.

Phillipps went from provider to scorer as his side doubled their advantage, sweeping in for a six-yard tap in following a cross from Matt Hunt.

Inter were under an avalanche of pressure and soon gave away a penalty when Ronnie Stead was fouled inside the area. Alex Hollis converted the spot kick into the bottom left-hand corner.

The goals continued in the second half when Sam Hollis cut in from the right-hand side to curl home.

Batchworth made it five moments later when another Hunt cross picked out Phillipps who volleyed home from ten yards out.

It looked as though Phillipps would complete his hat-trick when played through on the right-hand side, only for the keeper to make a save to his right, but Mikel Walsh was the quickest to react to get his first of the game and Batchworth’s sixth.

He then completed the scoring when he was played through on the left-hand side, finishing with power at the near post.

Hertfordshire Eagles also enjoyed a large victory, 9-0 against Watford Sports.

Charlie Kimpton and Jordan Osbourne both scoring hat-tricks, Jack McLaughlin a double and there was one for Charlie Ford.

In the battle of the teams at the top of divisions Two and Three, it was the higher ranked SOCA who enjoyed a comfortable 6-1 win over Watford Town.

George Coffey scored twice, with Tyler Connor, Leandro Mateus, Terry Chamberlin and Scott Monaghan also finding the net. Jack Sherriff netted the Town consolation.

An Elliot Kay-Jessop brace and Tom Minton’s goal were not enough for Frances George who lost 5-3 to Sparta Phoenix.

Dan Clarke and Floyd Thompson both netted twice for Phoenix, with Nelson Gomes getting the other.