Premier Division

Champions Oakview achieved back-to-back wins in the Watford Sunday League for the first time this season with a 4-3 victory over Fox & Stone who once again fell to defeat by a single goal.

John Noyes gave Fox the lead after 15 minutes with a long-range free-kick, before Oakview equalised through Chris Blunden after he was played in by Adam Lowton.

Michael Edwards headed Fox back in front after the break from a Jude Bell cross, only for their opponents to respond with two quick-fire goals.

First, Tom Kennedy headed home an Owen Deamer cross, then Owen Ayres converted an opportunity set up by Jack Waldren from a narrow angle.

With five minutes left the home side looked to have rescued a point when Ben Spaul scored from the edge of the area, but with the virtually the last kick of the game Kennedy sealed the points with a 25-yard piledriver into the top corner.

Oakview’s win means they are still a point behind leaders Sun Postal Athletic who ended the last remaining unbeaten record in the division as they defeated Everett Rovers Reed 2-0.

After a tight first 20 minutes it was Sun who broke the deadlock when Mike Varcoe cut in from the right and crossed for Jack Robertson to tap in from close range.

Everett then had two players sin-binned before the break but managed not to concede any further goals.

The second half saw the game open up and Sun keeper Cameron inch was forced into action, making three quality saves to deny Everett an equaliser. But Sun sealed the win which keeps then at the top of the table when a George Hobson corner was headed in by Robertson for his and his team’s second goal.

Evergreen kept the pressure on the top two with a 2-1 win in the Abbots Langley derby over FC Unicorn.

Evergreen went ahead when, after a good passage of play, Olly Cripps took the ball on to allow him to go one-on-one with the keeper before calmly rolling it to give Jake Sahota the easiest of tap-ins.

Unicorn levelled before the break when Unicorn pressed the Evergreen defence and keeper and that allowed Callum O'Connor to equalise with a shot at the back post.

Evergreen won the game in the second half when a passing move allowed Ben Adams to score.

Rifle Volunteer have a second victory of the season following a thumping 7-2 success at Old Fullerians.

Volunteer won the game thanks to a powerful first-half performance as they scored three unanswered goals, and were also helped as the home side saw a penalty saved.

Fullerians pulled themselves back into the game with two goals after the interval.

First a Craig Totton cross from the left was met by Stephen Pich, who guided the ball in at the far post, then Totton dispossessed a defender from a goal kick and fired into the far corner. But that was good as it got for the home side, as Rifle went onto score four more times.

Ish Ehui and Sandro Fernandes both scored braces for the victors, with Gary Froy, James Donald and Adam Doe all netting a goal each.

Watford Observer:

Goalmouth action from Bushey Rangers' draw with AFC Leavesden

Division One

It was a strange morning in the division with three games ending in draws, while the other resulted in high-scoring home victories.

The top two sides, North Watford and Cassiobury Rangers, were both held away from home.

North Watford drew 1-1 with a Railway Arms side who have recovered from an awful start to the season and have now picked up four points from their last two games.

The visitors went ahead when Ashley Lewis raced onto a long ball over the top and lobbed the advancing keeper.

Matt Mason equalised with a dipping free-kick in the second half, and the home side could have taken all three points when they missed two good chances near the end.

Cassiobury remain in second place as they were also held to a draw, 0-0 with Maple Cross.

Both sides were wasteful in front of goal, although Cross did hit the crossbar through Craig Horwood and Glenn O’Malley had an effort blocked on the line.

Two sides in the chasing pack, AFC Leavesden and Bushey Rangers, drew 1-1.

Jack Carter put Leavesden ahead with a well-taken finish from just inside the box after a through ball from Callum Woolnough shortly before the break.

Leavesden failed to take several chances in the second half and were made to pay for these when Bushey equalised in the last minute when a free-kick from Olawale Salawi was parried by the Leavesden keeper straight into the path of path of Ronnie Yerby, who bundled home.

Oxhey Spartans and Langleybury CC both achieved a second win of the season with high-scoring home victories.

Spartans beat Ricky AFC 8-2 after Liam Coles gave them a dream start with a goal in the first 45 seconds.

George Dalling made it 2-0 after eight minutes, before Coles netted his second and his team’s third soon after.

Ricky then pulled themselves back into the game, scoring twice in quick succession through Alex Ungureanu, but Spartans responded with two more, first through a Shane Perrin header and Coles completing his hat-trick in the first half.

Coles scored twice more in the second half to take his tally for the game to five, with Liam Hanley netting the other.

Langleybury bounced back from an 8-1 defeat last week to beat AFC Bedmond 9-2.

Adam Gallichan netted the first and last goals of the game for Bedmond, but in between those two Langleybury ran riot, scoring nine times.

Oliver Ilott led the way with four goals, Lenny Farhall netted a hat-trick and Garry Cook and Matt Tanner struck a brace apiece.

Watford Observer:

Division Two

Dome Bar are the new leaders after a 2-1 away win over ERFC.

Chris Dunn and Luke Pochetty were on target for Bar, with Tom Ford scoring the ER reply.

The leaders going into the morning’s games, St Marys Harefield, drew 4-4 with SOCA, who remain unbeaten, but they needed a last-minute equaliser to preserve that record.

Craig Mathieson scored a double for St Marys and Karl Swan and Charlie Malin netted the others, with Tyler Connor, Michael Coffey, Connor Chapman and Leandro Mateus replying.

FC Woodside are in second place after a 4-0 win over ACS Milan thanks to a Drew Snailham hat-trick and one for Luke Dolan.

FC Metropolitan Herts beat Chess United 4-1 through a Joe Da Silva brace and one each for Rob Gradwell and Tom McGuinness. Nelson Pequeno got the Chess consolation.

Skyline and West Herts shared the points after a 2-2 draw, Gbohun Palmer and Muhammad Khan scoring for the hosts, with Callum Hearn grabbing both West Herts goals.

Watford Observer:

Division Three

It may be the bottom division, but the Third Division isn’t suffering from a lack of quality or goals, with 30 scored in the six games.

Watford Town carried on their impressive start with a fifth straight win, 4-2 over Chalfont Saints to inflict their first defeat of the campaign.

Louis Smith scored a double for Town, with a goal each from Charlie Fisher and Alex Nottage. Will Jones and Tom Sugrue replied for Saints.

Hertfordshire Eagles remain in second place with a 5-2 win over Frances George, who are still looking for a first point of the season despite a positive performance.

Charlie Kimpton and Jack McLaughlin both scored doubles, with Ed Rodgers netting the other. Dexter Franklin-Beck and Mike Langley were on target for George.

Watford Athletic bounced back after last week’s heavy defeat to beat King George 5-3, Tom Coleman and Bradley Lodge both scoring two goals and Jake Watson the other. Darren Obrien, Aaron Crawford and Phil Molloy were on target for George.

South Herts have their first win of the season following a 3-2 victory over Watford Sports.

Jacob O'Hanlon scored a double and Marcos Junior Lima got the other goal for West Herts, with Nick Wing and own goal providing the only joy for Sports.

The other two games in the division ended in 1-1 draws.

Batchworth looked like getting a second win of the season after going ahead after an hour against Woodside Wanderers when Alex Crawford and Owen Page combined for Mikel Walsh to score at the back post.

Batchworth then failed to take several good chances before Woodside equalised in added-on time, when David Flannery scored following a free-kick.

Inter and Sparta Phoenix shared the points as well, with James Oldham and Floyd Thompson getting the goals for each team.