Watford head coach Vladimir Ivic would not comment on whether he felt Bournemouth should have had a red card before they salvaged a point at Vicarage Road.

Lloyd Kelly twice looked fortunate to have avoided a sending off, with a bad challenge on Ismaila Sarr early on and a possible second yellow card later in the match.

Philip Billing might also consider himself fortunate not to have been sent for an early bath, with an elbow striking Stipe Perica's head in the first-half.

It was Kelly's stoppage time delivery back into the box that was turned in by Chris Mepham, cancelling out Perica's early opener to give the away side a point.

While Ivic said he did not want to speak specifically about the decisions, he did invite others to use "logic".

"I don't want to speak," he said. "What you can see in the moment, you can see the tackling, the first and second one. And after you will give logic, things in your head, you can be realistic and to see if it is [a red], or not."

While the possible red cards did not seem to annoy Ivic, he did confront referee Tim Robinson at the end of the match about when the final whistle was blown.

The Hornets' boss felt that his team should have been allowed to complete their counter attack that they looked to be making just as the game was called to a halt.

"I just wanted to ask the ref if he's allowed them to finish the action," he said. "I just want to see if it's exactly seven minutes on this moment when it stopped. He didn't allow me to ask, but we were going to counter attack again, so something is not correct for me.

"I apologise if it's exactly seven minutes in this moment when we get the ball, if it's seven minutes of extra time and if he stopped the game on that moment, apologies.

"I'm not sure, I didn't see, but I believe it's not because if you allow them to finish the action with a shot, and we get the ball and we go on the counter-attack again, you need to allow us to do our counter attack. I think it's logic. It's normal."

One player who certainly might feel like there should have been more punishment dished out to the Bournemouth players was Perica, who Ivic said was fouled "a lot". 

The Croatian forward went off with an arm injury and will now need a scan to see if he will be ruled out of any further action.

"Stipe's a tough, tough guy and I believe he will be okay," said Ivic.

Watford Observer:

"I cannot tell now that he will be ready for the next game but we will see. It depends on the doctor what he will suggest to us. We need to do for sure an MRI to see how is the situation because he was fouled a lot this afternoon."