Junior Cup Semi-Final

AFC Bedmond became the first side to reach the Watford Sunday League Junior Cup final after an open and exciting tie against Chess United, winning through 5-3.

Bedmond started strongly and took the lead through Connor Carney after he spotted the Chess goalkeeper off his line and scored with a shot from around 40 yards out.

Chess soon equalised after Jordan Toomey was adjudged to have pushed a forward in the box and Ali Shale dispatched the resulting penalty kick.

But the same player soon made up for this error after Bedmond were awarded a penalty of their own when Connor Toomey was fouled inside the area and Jordan Toomey stepped up and placed his penalty into the top right corner. He then set up Connor Toomey to give Bedmond a two-goal advantage.

However, Chess pulled a goal back just before the break thanks to another penalty, their second and the third of the half overall, again scored by Shale.

Bedmond restored their two-goal cushion in the second half after a chipped ball from Carney was played to Jake Davison, who knocked it back to Lewis Toomey to fire ball past the keeper.

Bedmond netted a fifth through Tom Perman after Carney once again crossed to the back post to allow his team-mate to fire home just inside the left post.

Chess never gave up and scored a third through Matt Latchman late on.

Rifle scored six secon-half goals against their ten-man opponents

Rifle scored six secon-half goals against their ten-man opponents

Junior Cup Quarter-Final

Watford Town easily dispatched South Herts 6-1 and now face St Marys Harefield for the right to play AFC Bedmond in the final.

Town opened the scoring through Ollie Lawford who lobbed the keeper. He then scored his and his side’s second with another lob.

Alex Layton added to the goals with a headed flick-on from a long throw to make it 3-0, and Louis Smith added the fourth.

South Herts did pull a goal back through Junior Lima, but Jordan Smith scored a fifth soon after.

Lawford completed his hat-trick from the spot to make it 6-1 late on.

Fox & Stone now stand between Rifle and a place in the last four of the Invitation Cup

Fox & Stone now stand between Rifle and a place in the last four of the Invitation Cup

Invitation Cup Group A

Rifle Volunteer convincingly overcame Langleybury CC 7-1.

The win was enough for them to top the group, whilst the defeat meant that Langleybury missed out on a quarter-final place with Cassiobury qualifying instead.

Having taken an early lead, Rifle were awarded a penalty which saw a Langleybury player sent off for a handball on the line.

Although the resulting penalty was missed, being down to ten players early on all but ended Langleybury’s hopes of qualification.

Having held Rifle to the single goal until half-time, the floodgates opened after the restart with Rifle scoring six more, although Lenny Farhall netted a consolation.

Ish Ehui scored a hat-trick for Volunteer, with Josh Helmore adding a brace and Elliot Wilson and Ben Goode scoring a goal each.

Rifle now face Fox & Stone in the last eight.