It was a truly remarkable morning in the Watford Sunday League, with 112 goals scored across the 17 games, an average of 6.68 goals per match, but that does not begin to tell half the story of shock wins, comebacks and first victories of the season.

Premier Division

FC Unicorn produced one of the biggest shocks in the league’s history as they stunned Oakview 8-1.

The side which has dominated the Premier Division for over a decade were hit by injures and could only field ten men, but nothing should take away from a superb performance from Unicorn.

Callum O’Connor opened the scoring after 20 minutes with a great touch and finish following a ball over the top from Charlie Benning.

Jack Bishop then doubled the Unicorn lead following good work from O’Connor down the right.

Charlie Benning made it three with a free-kick from around 30 yards out, curling it into the top right-hand corner.

Jamie Calvin then supplied Bishop’s second as he beat his full-back and fired across for his teammate to touch and finish into the net.

The goals continued to flow in the second half as Joe Turberfield tucked the ball home on the rebound following a save from Bishop’s original shot.

Right-back Dennis Fraser made it six after his crossed was cleared and arrived straight back to his feet where he shifted it and fired into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Bishop completed his hat-trick as he tucked home from another rebound, before Krasi Makaveev made it eight with a penalty fired into the roof of the net after Jack Habbijam was adjudged to have been fouled.

Oakview grabbed one back five minutes from time following good work from Simeon Armstrong, with Tom Kennedy nipping in from of Andrew Burnell in the Unicorn goal to glance his header home.

North Watford have gone top of the table after they beat Everett Rovers Reed 6-2, another highly fancied team who have struggled at the start of this season.

Karl Brown gave North Watford the lead after just five minutes from the penalty spot, awarded for a handball.

Everett soon drew level when Josh Squires-Adams scored after a corner, but Corum Chase restored the lead when he raced through onto a Brown through ball.

The game was put out of Everett’s reach early in the second half when Beau Shulman scored with a header from a corner and that was quickly followed by Chase finishing after good work from Ashley Lewis, who himself got onto the scoresheet by slotting past the Everett keeper.

Everett pulled one back to make it 5-2 through Meshach Williams before Brown finished how he had started by putting away another penalty to end the game.

Old Fullerians registered a first win of the season as they beat Evergreen 4-1, who remain bottom of the table with just a single point.

Fullerians took the lead in the first half when Craig Totton crossed from the right and Charlie Hailey headed home at the back post.

They doubled their lead when Jake Entwistle got down the right and crossed where an Evergreen defender diverted the ball into his own net at the back post.

Evergreen pulled one back in the second half when an Olly Cripps shot from the edge of the box took a deflection and wrong-footed the keeper.

The home side struck back quickly, Cristian Caplea won the ball in the middle, in the process setting Hailey clear to slot through the keeper's legs.

Tom Guichemerre finished the scoring in the closing minutes. Following great work from Ryan Woosley on the right, his cross was flicked on by Ryan Moody and Guichemerre headed home.

Division Two

With the top two of Woodside and Hertfordshire Eagles in Chairman’s Cup action, both Watford Town and Chalfont Saints enjoyed big wins to cut their lead at the summit.

Town thumped Sparta Phoenix 8-1, Chris Blunden scoring a hat-trick supported by a brace from Marcus Fry and a goal each for Nathan Tannian, George Davies and Joe Smith. Floyd Thompson scored the Phoenix consolation.

Chalfont Saints beat Watford Youth Sports 5-2 to moved into fourth place in the table.

Liam Hennessy scored a double for Saints with Aidan Brennan, Will Jones and Niall O'Shea also finding the net. Michael Doran and Harry Bennett replied for the visitors.

Division Three

There was a remarkable set of results in the league's bottom division, with both Wishing Well Watford and Batchworth winning for the first time this season.

Wishing Well Watford had endured a tough introduction into Sunday football with some heavy defeats, but they finally got up and running with a 5-4 win over Rio Rovers, who seem to be one of the most inconsistent sides in the entire league.

Tobie Bunker was their star man, netting a hat-trick with Charlie Powell scoring a brace.

Aarron Crawford did the same for Rio, with their other goals coming from George Ray and an own goal.

That win for Wishing Well was not enough to lift them off the bottom of the table as the only side without a win prior to Sunday, Batchworth, were also victorious, beating Bricket Wood Acorns 3-2.

Two-goal Alex Hollis and Dan Hardwick struck for Batchworth, with Jack Micklewright and Harrison Fisher netting the home replies.

Southern Cross are the new leaders as they edged past Watford Youth Sports Old Boys 4-3 to inflict on them a first defeat of the season.

Gary Wicks struck a hat-trick with the other goal coming from Nathan Denny. Louie Muncie, Liam Rawsthorne and Callum Shellard scored for the Old Boys.

Previous leaders King George lost a 3-0 lead as Inter fought back to hold them to a 4-4 draw.

Phil Molloy scoring twice for George with Karl Davidson and Will Keddy also on target.

James Oldham himself scored twice for Inter, alongside goals from Chris Stead and Dom Sokalski.

There was another comeback as BBFC beat Frances George 4-3.

George took a 2-0 lead in the first half through goals from Luke Furlong and Scott Stevenson, but the game turned in BB’s favour when James Barnett saw his first attempt saved but followed up on the rebound just before the break.

Early in the second half, BB equalised after an in-swinging corner from Alfie Dibble was met by the head of Cian Hallahan.

Frances George responded almost straight from the restart with Elliot Kay-Jessop putting them back ahead.

The game then took a dramatic twist with two late goals for BB.

First Dibble tapped home to level and then in the final minute Barnett picked the ball up on the edge of the box, dribbled through and was taken down for a penalty. He stepped up himself to slot home the spot-kick and complete the comeback.

Chairman’s Cup Round One

First Division Abbots Langley Club came through an epic tie with Second Division West Herts 5-4.

Abbots went ahead when Jack Carter opened the scoring from close range. Alex Diaz added the second, tapping in the rebound from Lucas Halligan’s missed penalty.

West Herts scored their own penalty to make it 2-1 before Diaz neted again, lofting the ball over the keeper.

West Herts notched their second before Lucas Halligan made it 4-2 with a calm finish from long range and Callum Woolnough headed in his team’s fifth.

West Herts were not finished though, scoring two further late goals as Brandon Whitman completed his hat-trick with the other goal coming from Stephen Clunie.

Two Second Division sides, Woodside and St Marys Harefield, overcame First Division opposition after penalty shoot-outs.

Woodside had to play the first 20 minutes against WD with just ten men, but that didn't bother them as they went ahead thanks to a curled effort from Drew Snailham.

WD equalised before the break when Shakeb Ali played a lovely over the top to Dion Belle who slotted home.

WD then went in front after half-time when Hamze Ali was brought down and Gbohun Palmer-Inyang scored from the spot. But with time running Woodside levelled when Jamie Dunlop thumped the ball home.

It was Woodside’s keeper Simon Ross who was the star man in the shoot-out, saving twice to help his side through 4-3.

St Marys held Bushey Eagles to a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes, Charlie Wharton and Karl Swan scoring the goals, before St Mary’s went on to win the shoot-out 6-5.

Dome Bar caused the other upset when they also put out higher ranked opponents in Chess United 4-1.

Chess were left ruing a bad start in which they conceded two early goals and failed to convert a good chance of their own by hitting the post when it seemed easier to score.

Alfie Hewetson did pull a goal back for Chess before half-time, but Dome Bar added two more in the second half.

Jay Hayes scored a hat-trick for the home side with Steve Noonan netting the other.

SOCA, who have had poor start to the campaign in Division One, came through a tricky tie against Forza Watford, winning 4-2.

The victors took the lead through Michael Coffey and Connor Mayhew made it 2-0 before half-time.

Mayhew notched his second 15 minutes into the second half to make it 3-0 and SOCA seemed to be cruising.

However, two quick goals from Forza through Giovanni Torrano and Giuseppe Delgaudiomade put the result in doubt, but with four minutes to go a SOCA corner was headed home by Mayhew to complete his hat-trick and seal the win.

Cassiobury Rangers beat Ricky AFC 4-1, Joe Mortimer and Nathan Page both scoring twice with Denis Fibisan replying with the Ricky goal.

Hertfordshire Eagles overcame Dunnings Bar 5-2, Jack McLaughlin netting a hat-trick with Glenn O’Malley and Henry Gibbor also on target. Flynn Duncan and Ben Brown scored the Dunnings replies.