Herts Sunday Junior Cup Round Two

It was a good morning’s work for the Watford Sunday League teams in action in the Herts Junior Cup with eight sides going through, and only one being knocked out by opposition from outside the league.

Arguably the most impressive result came as Division Four Everett Rovers easily dispatched Bricketwood Social from the division above 5-0.

Everett scored twice in the first half via a Mashach Williams brace. Bricketwood came more into the game after the break but Rovers soaked up all the pressure before Williams completed his hat-trick. Further efforts from Barry Mitchell and a back-heeled goal from Tom Watson sealed the win.

Four further ties saw Watford Sunday League sides going up against each other.

AFC Batchworth beat Division Four leaders South Oxhey 8-1, with Craig Mathieson and Harry Panoyiotou both scoring doubles and Ellis Cooke, Alan Palmer-Halligan, Jake Knight and Luke Jerome completing the scoring. Bradley Bridges netted Oxhey's sole reply.

Third Division The Tree needed extra-time to overcome Fourth Division Railway Arms.

With the game tied at 3-3 after 90 minutes, The Tree scored four times in the additional half-an-hour to win though 7-3.

Paul Brush was The Tree’s star man, scoring a hat-trick, with Marc Brownsell, Josh Barter, Glenn O'Malley and Andy Pryor also on target.

Joe Perrin’s two goals and one from Shaun Marshall registered for the Railway to take the tie to extra-time.

The all-Division Three game between Inter and Bushey Rangers resulted in a straightforward 4-1 win for Rangers thanks to Scott Cain’s brace and one each for Jack Barr and George Davies, while Chris Stead netted Inter’s sole reward.

The other all-WSL Division Three tie was a scrappy affair between Hertfordshire Lions and Hertsmere which was won by the visitors 2-1.

Carl Davis and John James netted the Hertsmere goals, with Louis McNamara scoring for Lions.

P&P Social enjoyed an 11-2 away win over Greenarces II FC Reserves, with Billy Lobjoit scoring five times, Aidan Thacker and Louie Lobjoit adding a brace each and Luke Foster and Shane Slinger also on target.

Guy Nixon scored a hat-trick for Sun Postal Sports as they beat London Colney-based St Albans Warriors 3-1, while Garston Athletic needed extra-time to edge past The Midland 3-2 through two-goal Luke Everitt and one from Rob Henney.

The only WSL side to suffer defeat to a team from outside the league was Revolution as they went down to a 5-1 loss against Berkhamsted Athletic, Danny Hudson with the goal.

Herts Sunday Senior Cup Round Two

Rickmansworth Town battled back from 2-0 down at half-time to force extra-time against The Great Northern - with the scores tied at 3-3 after 90 minutes - before finally going down 5-3.

Harry Brock scored twice for Town and Ben Adams got the other.

Premier Division

Rifle Volunteer are clearly the team to watch for goals and entertainment after they remained unbeaten in the league, but had to settle for a 4-4 draw after letting a 3-0 and 4-2 lead slip against Old Danes Athletic.

Volunteer’s eight league and cup matches have produced 51 goals, with them scoring an average of almost four goals a game.

Player-manager Gary Froy continued his scoring form by nodding home an Andy Lomas corner, Dan Bourne scored a fine individual effort for the second, before Froy notched his second and the Rifle's third before the break.

The Old Danes fightback started back ten minutes into the second half when a neat move involving Callum Woodcock and Ross Bennett allowed Colin Spooner to tap home.

Spooner scored his second five minutes later, volleying home a lobbed cross from Chris White, but all that hard work looked to be for nothing when, with 15 minutes left, Rifle looked to have sealed the three points as Froy completed his hat-trick.

But Old Danes refused to give in and with 12 minutes left White reduced the deficit, before Woodcock headed in from a free-kick to ensure a point each with four minutes remaining.

Champions Oakview have gone top of the table for the first time this season after a 7-0 win over Reed Rangers.

Lewis Putman led the way with a hat-trick, Adam Lowton struck twice and there was one each for Owen Deamer and Simeon Armstrong.

St Josephs are up into third place but they had to do it the hard way, coming back from 2-0 down to beat West Herts, who are still looking for a first three points of the season.

A penalty from Anthony Gilbert and a 30-yarder from Tiago Campos gave West Herts the lead in the opening half-an-hour, before Basit and Alex Ward replied before the break.

The Stags looked to have secured a point until the final minute when Chad Flaherty was fouled and Ward slotted home the resulting spot-kick.

Old Fullerians also had to come from behind to beat Chorleywood Club 4-1.

Nick Holden gave Chorleywood the lead after just five minutes, an advantage they held until just before the break when a Craig Totton free-kick was headed in by an unmarked Joe Rylett.

The scorer added a second early in the second half when he pounced on a short back pass and rounded the keeper to slot home.

A header from Charlie Hailey from another Totton free-kick made it 3-1, before a Sam Parker penalty sealed the win five minutes from time.

Fox & Hounds have been deducted six points after being found guilty of playing ineligible players in two games against Old Fullerians and Reed Rangers.

Those matches have now been awarded to the respective opponents as 0-0 wins.

Division One

Bushey Sports Club have drawn level at the top of the table with Compasses North, but they left it until the last-kick of the game to beat FC Unicorn, with Rob Gradwell scoring the winner from a free-kick.

Langleybury CC and RD FC drew 2-2 as goals from Glenn Thompson and Robbie Edgar looked to have put the home side on course for the win, but Jake Levy and Elliot Myrants-Wilson struck in the final 20 minutes to secure a point.

Colne Valley are slowly moving up the table after a second successive league win, this time a 2-0 success over Croxley.

Valley missed several good chances before finally breaking the deadlock five minutes before half-time when Conor Carney headed home a Charlie Benning cross.

The lead was doubled four minutes later from Chris Blunden's strike, and that proved to be the end of the scoring as Valley failed to take several more chances in the second half.

North Watford have a second win of the season after running out 3-2 victors against Cassiobury Rangers, who have now slumped to third from bottom.

Ajmel Ahmed opened the scoring for North Watford with a well-taken long-range strike, before Cassiobury drew level when a Sam Mortimer corner deflected into the net off Frankie Henley.

Cassiobury went ahead in the second half through Charlie Judge, netting on the half-volley from 25 yards out, but two goals late on from Shoaib Ali and Olando Merdith gave North Watford the victory.

Division Two

Tom Courtney scored a hat-trick for Ripstone but it wasn’t enough to beat Rickmansworth Town, who won by the odd goal in seven through Alex Ungreanu’s brace and a goal apiece from N.Mihai and Rob Barron.

FC Woodside and AFC Green Machine shared the points in a 1-1 draw; Louis Bamgboye on target for the home side and Charlie Fowler for Green Machine.

Division Four

Oxhey Athletic beat NW FC 4-2 to move up into third place while their opponents remain rooted to the bottom of the table.

Kevin Steadman and Jordan Sterling netted the Athletic goals, but Lewis Shaw’s brace and efforts from Charlie Cole and Richard McCrosson secured the points for Oxhey.