Herts Sunday Senior Cup Round Three

Reed Rangers are through to the quarter-finals of the Herts Senior Cup - and the Watford Sunday League’s sole remaining representatives in the competition - after they dispatched Premier Division rivals Fox & Hounds 6-0.

Karl Penny opened the scoring when he slotted past the keeper following a swift counter-attack and Dom David added a second before half-time.

Penny went on to complete his hat-trick after the break, but Reed were then reduced to ten men when Ashley Lawrence received a second yellow card.

Despite this, Rangers scored twice more, with David netting his second before David James struck a free-kick to seal an emphatic victory.

Reed will now travel to the winners of the Flaunden v Gossoms End tie for a place in the semi-final on January 14.

The league’s two other sides left in the competition suffered narrow defeats.

Chorleywood Club went down by a single goal to Brookmans Park, while St Josephs lost 3-1 at Nirankari Health City.

St Josephs had the better of the first half, but they failed to convert several good chances in a goalless opening period.

The home side scored twice early on after the break, before Joes gave themselves hope when Roy Bryon pulled a goal back. But they were caught on the counter-attack near the end and conceded a third.

Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Round Three

Compasses North joined the four other Watford Sunday League teams already through to the fourth round after a 2-1 win over Oxhey Rangers.

The victors had to do it the hard way, coming back from a goal scored by Dan Pippin early in the second half, but Mick Twelves and a late winner from Umberto Urgo saw them through.

WSL Intermediate Cup Round Two

Bottom of the Third Division and without a league win all season, Hertsmere caused a major upset when they knocked out Tudor Athletic, the runaway leaders of the division above, 4-2.

Toki Odugbesan and Ricky McDonagh both scored two goals each, with James Hocking and Sam Clarke replying for Tudor.

Fellow Division Three side P&P Social also knocked out Division Two opposition in Rickmansworth Athletic, 9-2.

Billy Lobjoit led the way with a hat-trick, Luke Foster added two and there were singles from Donik Sopa, Reece Davis, Jimmy Talbot and Nathan Slinger. Alex Ungreanu and Steve Quarrington netted the consolation goals for the home side.

Second Division AFC Green Machine didn’t fall victim to an upset though, as they put eight unanswered goals past Third Division Revolution.

Daniel Perry and Josh Burtt both netted three goals each, with Kwabeng Oppong and Lee Puddephat completing the scoring.

Terry Devereux President’s Cup Round Two

First Division Cassiobury Rangers gave Premier Division Rifle Volunteer a real fight before going down 2-1.

Rifle took the lead in the first half when centre-half Terry Cooper headed home after a series of corners, and a second followed when Dan Bourne slotted home after being set up by Gary Froy.

Frankie Henly pulled a goal back for Cassiobury after the break when he rounded stand-in keeper Tony Cornick to set up a rousing finish in which Rangers missed several good chances to take the game into extra-time.

Holders Oakview enjoyed an 8-1 home victory over First Division Langleybury CC.

The game was actually level 1-1 at the break - Connor Sills with the Langleybury goal - but all hopes of an upset were put to rest by a ruthless Oakview performance.

Lewis Putman scored a hat-trick, Adam Lowton notched a brace and Luke Lloyd, Tom Inch and Daryl Brown completed the scoring.

Junior Cup Quarter-Final

Everett Rovers completed the semi-final line-up after a 3-0 win over Oxhey Athletic.

Missing several first-choice players, veteran Mark Scott rolled back the years with a fine performance and it was from his pass that Mark Hansard was put through for the opening goal. Hansard then added a second to make it 2-0 just before the break.

Everett missed numerous chances in the second half and had reserve keeper Joe Chance to thank for some impressive saves to keep a clean sheet.

Barry Mitchell added a third goal midway through the second half from around 45 yards after the home keeper was caught outside his box.

Premier Division

Old Fullerians reached the halfway point in the table after a 3-1 home win over Old Danes Athletic.

Old Danes took the lead courtesy of a well-executed overhead kick from Chris White following a deflected cross from the right.

Fullers responded immediately when Dan Woosley tucked home from just outside the six-yard box when a corner wasn’t cleared.

The home side took the lead in the second half courtesy of a Charlie Hailey header from a Sam Parker cross from the right, and the points were sealed with a fine strike from Craig Totton from outside the box following a Charlie Munroe lay-off.

Division One

Bushey Sports Club went top of the table after a 6-1 home win over Croxley, although they could have recorded a double-figure victory had they taken all their chances.

Dale Jenkins led the way with two goals and there were singles for Rob Gradwell, Dan Branch, Dean Ciaburro and Houssem Zeizale.

A second goal in as many weeks for Aaron Farrell was all Croxley were able to offer in resistance.

Evergreen are in second place, two points behind Bushey with three games in hand, after a 3-1 win over RD FC.

Evergreen trailed 1-0 at half-time thanks to a James Cross goal, but levelled early in the second half through a left-foot strike from Dan Verbena.

A solo effort from Ben Adams, who ran from the halfway line to beat the keeper, put Evergreen in front and this was followed by a neat pass from Kyle Rimmer which released full-back Chris Johns, who finished like a striker to complete the win.

FC Unicorn and North Watford shared the points in a 1-1 draw.

Unicorn took an early lead through Luke Peerless, who caught the keeper off his line from 25 yards with a lob.

North Watford levelled in the second half when Mansoor Ali slipped a through ball into Aamer Khan, who skipped past two players but was pushed to the floor as he rounded a third. He stepped up himself to slot home the resulting penalty to secure the point.

Division Two

Ardent suffered a first league defeat of the season with a shock 11-2 defeat to Ripstone, who gained their first three points of the campaign.

Matt Elgey struck four times, Lee Culverhouse, Tom Brall and Tom Courtney all scored two each and Ollie Brill once. Charlie Salvage netted both of the Ardent goals.

FC Woodside had a straightforward 3-0 win over Woodlands United thanks to John Croft’s brace and one from Lewis Edwards.

Division Three

The race for the Third Division title is shaping up to be a two-horse race between Bushey Rangers and The Tree after both sides enjoyed home wins.

Bushey put ten goals without reply past Sun Regent Sports, with Lewis Yates scoring half of them. George Davis also scored a hat-trick and there was a goal apiece from James Henney and Tyler Connor.

Glenn O'Malley, Paul Rush and Jack Hodgins scored for The Tree as they beat AC Little Silhouette of Milan 3-0.

The gap between The Tree, in second, and third-placed P&P Social is nine points.

Hertfordshire Lions are now slowly finding some form as a 4-2 win over Inter moved them further away from the wrong end of the table.

Andrew Ryder scored twice for Lions and there was once each from Tom Carroll and Ben Pinder. Kyle Owen netted both of the Inter goals.

Division Four

Leaders South Oxhey narrowly edged out bottom-placed ten-man Batchworth 3-2 thanks to Blake Scott’s brace and one from Ryan Walsh. Charlie Kimpton and Kai Wiggins replied for Batchworth.

AFC Batchworth are up into second place and although they are eight points behind the leaders, they have two games in hand following an 8-2 victory over Railway Arms.

Joe Brown and Jake Knight both scored hat-tricks, with Ellis Cooke and Bradley Foot netting Batchworth’s other goals. Joe Perrin and Matt Courtham responded for Railway.

Garston Athletic are finding some form after a difficult start and they saw off NW FC 4-1.

Luke Everitt was their star man, scoring a hat-trick, with the fourth goal netted by Yinka Elabanjo. Daniel Flanagan replied for NW.

Chess United registered a third league win of the season, which betters their record of two victories in the last two seasons, with a 2-1 success over Sun Postal Sports.

A strike from Dana Anderson and an own goal were enough for Chess, as Ben Williams struck for Sun.